Wrapping party #4 13th October 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome to the 4th wrapping party of the year.
The MHH Christmas card swap is open and I have signed up again this year. Something that I look forwards to every year. This weekend I am concentrating on getting my Christmas cards in order so that when the swap closes I will be ready to write them and send them off. Christmas stamps become available on November 1st so I would like to have all my domestic and International cards written and stamped soon after. I like to send MHH cards out on November 25th and domestic ones on the first Monday in December.

Week 3 of the HHP touched on Christmas card prep and I have added the suggestions below. If you aren't ready for wrapping or you have already wrapped what you have maybe use the time available to get a little ahead with prep.

• Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. Make sure you know what you have before you buy--and shop at home first! A printable Wrap and Mail Checklist makes it easy to know what to add to the shopping list.
  • Make a Christmas card list. Pull out the address book or database, and make a Christmas card list. Protect your wallet: prune the list, and give thought to ways to reduce the cost of sending holiday greetings.
  • Use a computer address book for Christmas cards. Harness the power of computer technology. If your card list is still kept on paper, convert it to a computerized form. You'll thank yourself in years to come!
  • Print address labels for Christmas cards. If using address labels for your cards or letters, print them now. You'll be ready to write, sign and seal!
  • Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. If you'll be buying cards this year, order them now--particularly if you'll be using the popular photo cards. Will you need a family photo session? Schedule it today to avoid the November rush!

1697241222220.jpeg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have 3 things to wrap that came yesterday. I’ll be taking down my wrapping station as the rest of my gifts will be grocery items that I’ll box up, wrap in the kitchen and store in the sunroom, where they will go under that tree when put up.
My cards, stamps, etc are already gathered up. I’ll do cards as soon as we get the swap list.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have started accumulating interesting boxes for my gifts:) so I should be able to start wrapping soon.