Wrapping party #9 13th and 14th December 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
1702526954850.jpeg

With a smidge over a week to go the Christmas preparations are in full swing. How are you all doing? Excited? I am!

My tree is up and I have most presents wrapped. Do your wrapped gifts go under the tree now or do you put them out Christmas Eve?

I am looking forward to a relaxed run into Christmas. I will admit that I did enjoy the hustle and bustle that use to accompany the lead up to Christmas when the kids were small. It all seemed a little more busy back then. Sometimes I miss those days.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am excited and feel like things are moving forward!
I was just sitting and figuring out my bit of cleaning prior to me hosting Christmas Eve.
Last mop of the kitchen floor, bathroom scrub, etc.

I don't want to do it all too early but definitely don't want to be doing everything last minute either!

Most of all- I want a nice, relaxed day Christmas Eve.

Annie

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I am excited and feel like things are moving forward!
I was just sitting and figuring out my bit of cleaning prior to me hosting Christmas Eve.

I don't want to do it all too early but definitely don't want to be doing everything last minute either!

Most of all- I want a nice, relaxed day Christmas Eve.

Annie
Lol, I was figuring when I was going to mop etc this afternoon too!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A valid point. I think because the days before are Saturday and Sunday I will just do my normal routine. I do have a few things to do Friday which will put me in a good spot.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My tree is up and I have most presents wrapped. Do your wrapped gifts go under the tree now or do you put them out Christmas Eve?
We don't want Santa confused with our gifts to one another being under the tree, so they aren't put out at all. It also gives Santa a large space to place presents. ;)
When we hosted on Christmas Eve, the bathroom and kitchen floor were done a few days before with the idea that on the morning of the 24th, both would get a quick refresh. Keep in mind, we're talking 7 people using those rooms daily. I'm sure that you can get away with doing everything a day or two before.

All online gifts have arrived. My goal is to get as much wrapping done today as possible.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ill clean up on Friday after I shop. Then as tradition my husband will run the vacuum Christmas Eve morning and touch up the bathrooms, fresh hand towels etc.
Heavy gifts automatically go under the tree. The rest we put under the tree after our son goes to bed. Yes, he’s 38 but it’s very much about tradition here .

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, when DS (35) was home last year we had to wait for him to go to bed!. This year will be the first time in 35 years that Santa can come on his own timetable as DS won't be home.:(

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
MM, when DS (35) was home last year we had to wait for him to go to bed!.
In all the years I lived at home I never caught my mom filling my stocking!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
In all the years I lived at home I never caught my mom filling my stocking!
My parents were the best Santas. They were so into keeping the magic alive and I never caught them