Year-round shopping for gift baskets

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Found these on the web:
Things to look for throughout the year
that can be used in Gift Baskets:

Mason jars ~ Hat boxes ~ Cardboard photo boxes
Tins ~ Cookie jars ~ Baskets in all sizes, shapes and colors
New Socks or Mittens ~ Lunch boxes ~ Picnic baskets
Trays ~ Dishes, bowls or platters ~ Wooden salad bowls
Ceramic popcorn bowls ~ Cosmetic bags ~ Flower pots
Small suitcases ~ Large fabric laundry bags ~ Shaker style boxes
Jewelry boxes ~ Plastic storage bins

Hope this helps! :skate:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good list to keep in mind. What's a photo box?

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
at one of the local supermarkets(more on the side of a farmers one) they have the large round cheese boxes for about 3 dollars....going to make some 'baskets' out of them. May even paint them like a peppermint candy and put the cellophane around it to look like a giant candy.(compliments of Gooseberry)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I'm not sure how deep those cheese boxes would be but I saw an idea with a pretty, wide ribbon tied in a bow around a hat box and a poinsettia put in to give as a hostess gift-very pretty! Love the candy idea, though! Those would be an awesome decoration for outside too!

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I have an infant and I save all of my empty formula cans for putting together gift baskets. They'll be fun to alter and are a great size to fit just about anything! Just an idea to throw out if it applies to anyone else!!

I have a ton more than I'll use this year, I'm sure - but I'll have a stock for this year and at least next (if not a third). If I have to spend soooooooo much money on formula, I might as well get an extra use out of it!

~Laney :)

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Laney also save baby food jars, they are great for Reindeer food! Just put some Raffia and a nice Christmas fabric on it with the instructions for the food. Was a big hit with my kids classes in the jars, presentation is everything!

Kelly :bigsnow:

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Jackfrosty- they are a decent size, about 18 inches wide and about 6-8 inches deep. Hmm, youv'e got me thinking now about the outside...and in my kitchen. may make little ones for my kitchen to hang around to fit with the gingerbread theme. love the outside idea, since they wouldn't get ruined with the weather. :grin:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada