YIKES! I need to get back to working on my Christmas list!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

koalagirl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Help! Has anyone ever fallen off of the Christmas preparation through the year "bandwagon" and gotten back on to actually be ready for Christmas before it gets here??? I need encouragement....I did the OC plan so well last year--which was my first time--and our family experienced the best Christmas ever. I want to do it again. Is is too late? :help:

Hopefully, it's not. I need to visit this site daily--just to keep my self encouraged and inspired! Anyway...thanks for reading along this far. I appreciate all of the messages others write here--they are wonderful! :applause:

I will keep you posted. I think tonight I am going to work on my Christmas gift list...need to get rid of the knots in my stomach! ::eek:rnament:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
:welcome: I'm sure you have time to catch up! glad to meet you!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I haven't done half of the things that everyone else is doing but i feel better just thinking about it!!

Also we have had a couple of difficult months financially but rather than be despondent that i couldn't buy anything for my Gift Closet i have written in my notebook ideas and items that i have seen that i would normally forget about near Christmas so that i am prepared.

I have managed to buy some stocking fillers and i have felt encouraged by that and i bought some Christmas cards in the Sale.

Small things a step at a time.

Pamelajane.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im sure its not to late to jump back on the wagon :haha: Glad to have you here.

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
I am feeling the same as Koala girl. :frown:

I usually start preparing/shopping for Christmas on December 26. By this time of year most of my shopping is done and wrapped. This year was very different. We put our house on the market February 1 so I packed up all my Christmas decor, dishes, sweaters, tablecloths, dishtowels, wrapping paper, etc. etc. and put them in storage. We put lots of rarely used items in storage, too, to make the house look more spacious.

I have no storage space in this house. It's one of the reason I want to move. Our basement is a completely finished family room. Our Christmas decor was always kept in large tubs lining the garage.

Previously I had one small bedroom I converted into a walk-in closet for clothing. I used a different bedroom closet for my gift closet. When we put the house on the market, I had to convert the walk-in closet back into a bedroom and the gift closet back into a closet.

My house hasn't sold. We will only have it on the market through August and will take it off as I don't want to be trying to sell or move through the holidays.

I've lost a lot of storage space
I haven't begun shopping
I'm moving my storage stuff back into my home
and I'm sad that my house didn't sell.

I had high hopes about having a new home this fall to decorate. I have the Christmas blues.
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
OHHHH Don't worry. Even if you waited until the Christmas Countdown starts you will be ready in time for Christmas!
Sometimes I think we don't plan for Christmas year round so much as to be ready but also to satisfy our need (addiction :haha: ) for Christmas :grin:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It's never too late to start with Christmas Plans. You are doing great.

Darcy, Maybe your house hasn't sold because your dream house isn't going on the market until next year! It is worth the wait.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I agree it's never too late! I'm sure just reading these boards and all the wonderful ideas will give you the motivation you need to get going. Just think that the majority of people don't even think about Christmas until the first things start to appear in the shops, which is usually October time here in the UK. So if you start now you'll be well organised by the time Christmas comes.

:frosty:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Koalagirl and Darcy - I am rushing to your side with a carton of egg nog and a box of chocolate truffles - and a copy of "The Christmas Guest" - the book we are reading and discussing. (OK - I'll deliver the same things to everyone on the board today - I wish!) Do not worry! I, myself, was very worried the first year I read CEO's site - Organized Christmas. (Before MHH was born.) I felt I was not measuring up to the people of the board. And - I wasn't. And - so what? We all LOVE Christmas - and there is no right way to do it!

I agree with Dreamto -- I think we stay on this board all year because we love Christmas and we love the people on the board and it makes us happy. I was SO looking forward to Christmas in July. Do you know what happened? Life happened -- and I have not done one thing for Christmas in July!!! Well - maybe ONE thing, but you know what I mean. Am I sad? No. I am still reading and enjoying and loving hear what other people do. Look at what jackfrosty said! Our business here is to ENJOY!

I'm a believer

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Hear Hear, I agree for the past couple of years I have had great intentions and although didn't do anything I planned, I love catching up on what everyone else has managed to do (most of the time with awe).

This year I started a gift registry and maybe next year...

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I haven't done nearly a fraction of what lots of you have done already! BUT I love coming here and getting ideas so that when I'm ready, I'll be ready! lol how's that? lol

I don't have a lot of people to buy for and no little ones, so I don't usually buy gifts ahead of time. I do,however start my shopping around Sept and try to be done by Thanksgiving. If I can get my Christmas cards finished by Sept/Oct, I'll feel successful. I follow the Christmas Countdown, so I have had less stress over the years getting my house in order.

I started putting money away the beginning of the year for baking supplies and toys for Toys for Tots (have even purchased a few things!). My main goal & committment to myself is to stay within my budget and limit charge purchases unless I don't have my cash on me for some reason.

I think if Christmas is at least always in the back of our minds, with a plan to plan, we're ok!