Your favorite Christmas Carol?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Mine is "Have your self a merry little Christmas" by Frank Sinatra. The passion in his voice is incrediable and makes it the best version to me. I also always loved I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause...just because I think it is cute :)

Kelly

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh I had forgotten about "I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Clause"

That's adorable! :)

catnipper

Retire Member
Jul 25, 2008
I guess one of my favorite Christmas songs is "I'll Be Home for Christmas" but be sure to get out the hankies-- it can be a real tear jerker if you have someone far from home this holiday season.

As for Christmas carols, I guess I like Silent Night because it's a German carol and my grandmother was German.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I like White Christmas by Bing Crosby. Love the song and the movie.

However Christmas Time all over the world remindes me of the boards, So many different people here from all over the world yet we love Christmas and what it means to us.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
My favorite is Silent Night in the original German. I was seven before I realized the words I sang to Silent Night were different than my classmates. My Oma and Opa had the sheet music to it and she played the piano. I have the sheet music for it, and some day when I'm in the bucks, I'm going to have it matted and framed in a gold frame with Christmas holly in a corner of the frame so that I can hang it year after year at Christmas.

My second favorite is Greensleeves (no words, just music.)

hollyberry

MHH Member
Jun 10, 2011
Hallelujah Chorus,The Christmas Song,O Holy Night,Up on the Housetop
Lots of songs by Casting Crowns

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
What?

No one picked "The Hippopotamus Song"??

I like:
Carol of the Bells
Mary Did you Know
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland (movie: Meet me in St. Louis)
Sleigh Ride
Wizards of Winter by Manneheim Steamroller

:gingerbread:

lilnoelelf

Retire Member
Jun 13, 2011
winnsboro Louisiana
The little drummer boy by The Harry Simeone Chorale I remember listening to it when I was a kids on my mother old album

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bumping this.

Along with your favorite Christmas Carol, do you have an artist that you enjoy listening to sing your favorite carol?
I don't have anyone in particular but I do like choirs singing carols. Very lifting.
My favorite carol is still OH Holy Night.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It is so hard to pick just one song for a favorite - I have so many!

I guess Christmas Waltz by Karen Carpenter is my favorite - it just makes me get all happy when I hear it!

She is probably my favorite artist too, although Nat King Cole is a close second!

Modern day favorite would probably be Believe by Josh Groban - just love that one!

Here is a link to my Pinterest Christmas Music board if anyone wants to take a look :)

http://www.pinterest.com/klinkj0806/christmas-music/

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Hi Ahorsesoul. I'm one of those folks that's been away for a spell. :) During the summer I've been playing Christmas tunes when the mood hits me. I have become a great fan of classical Christmas carols. Right now I prefer listening them as opposed to listening to the other genres as they are soothing and peaceful. Especially when I've been having a overwhelming day/week.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I love "Oh, Holy Night" and "Oh, Come All Ye Faithful." There are so many I love, though, it's hard to say for sure those are the only ones.

Diedra, I was thinking the same thing about reading and wondering about all those who posted.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Fun

Yes, it was fun to read all these over again ... thanks for bumping (BTW ... what is bumping?)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Jampss, "bumping" is posting in an old thread. It makes it show up in the current threads that are being posted in.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
There are a lot but my top 2 are
White christmas as sung by Bing Crosby
Its the most wonderful time of the year by Andy Williams

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
So many to love-especially the old ones-my favorites are: