Your Most Unique Stocking Stuffer for this Year

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
What is most different item Santa will be bringing for a stocking in your home this year?
Maybe something not really typically found in a stocking or something that Santa really had his elves work hard to find.

For me, it has to be the red measuring cups for my four year old son's stocking. He loves baking with me and I know he'll love the cups and the wooden spoon Santa is including in his stocking.

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I just had to post that I LOVE that your son is getting cookware! One year my son received the Pampered Chef apron and bakers hat! He wore it to help my mom make a pie for Christmas and I will never forget the pictures! So sweet!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I would love to find a Santa Claus cookie cutter. I have looked in a few stores and can't find one. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know. My DS has been asking for one for several months now.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So far, the most usual one I've gotten, I guess, is a pretty little clip on watch that looks like a guitar.

I got it for DNeice who is really into music, guitars, etc. I thought she might want to clip it onto her backpack or something. Hopefully she likes it! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
For now I'd have to say tweezers for DD with a doll painted on them. Really cute!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I found the matching measuring spoons for my son's stocking this year to match the measuring cups from last year. Yay!

Anyone buy anything unusual/different/unexpected for this year's Santa visit yet?

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I would love to find a Santa Claus cookie cutter. I have looked in a few stores and can't find one. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know. My DS has been asking for one for several months now.

Jessica, have you checked antique stores?

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
The most unusual thing I've ever received in a stocking was "Sneaker balls" - basically deodorant balls that you put in your shoes to keep them fresh when you're not wearing them.

The BEST/most useful thing I've ever gotten in my stocking was a little black notebook-thing from 3M that had colored sticky flags inside...I use them to mark pages in magazines and catalogs. This "notebook" had flags in 4 different colors - I still use it 3 years later!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The most unusual thing I've ever received in a stocking was "Sneaker balls" - basically deodorant balls that you put in your shoes to keep them fresh when you're not wearing them.

The BEST/most useful thing I've ever gotten in my stocking was a little black notebook-thing from 3M that had colored sticky flags inside...I use them to mark pages in magazines and catalogs. This "notebook" had flags in 4 different colors - I still use it 3 years later!

I remember sneaker balls and I remember getting some in my stocking!! As I recall I wasn't impressed!!

I also love those sticky flags. I should put some in DD's stocking. She loves them too.

Thanks for the great idea!!

Melanie

Gingerbread Elf

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
The Yankee Candle company has lip balm in tiny bottles that look like the jars the candles are in. I bought one for myself about a month ago and I still have a lot left in it and I use is constantly.. Yumm.... buttercream....
Its kind of a novelty thing so I'm going to get 3 for my sister, daughter and neice...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've not been doing good on the stocking prep this year. Nothing exciting to report. I've been trying to stay out of the stores for the most part and that cuts into my "clearance" items. I find all kinds of cool things at target on the end isle through out the year. Oh..and the dollar bins for my DD.

Last year I did get the large, metal slurpee straws on sale at 7-11 and we all got one in a different color. Funny thing is, the men or "BOYS" in the house, use them for spit ball shooters! Guess I should of seen that coming.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
Thanks to Gingerbread Elf's "review" on the new YC lip balms, I'll add these to my shopping list! Another good stocking stuffer for the car drivers on your list, are YC Car Jar air freshners. Even the teenage guys on my list have their favorite scents!

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
DD has been wanting a rubberband ball. Every year at Back to School time she sees the Office Max ad and they have a rubberband ball as their symbol.

I decided to get her one for her stocking.

Glenda

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
for DFS (dear forster son) 2: glitter bouncy ball from family dollar $2
grill seasonings for dh
happy meal lego cars for ds10
3m highlighter/flag/pens for mil
fizzy balls for me

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
The Yankee Candle company has lip balm in tiny bottles that look like the jars the candles are in. I bought one for myself about a month ago and I still have a lot left in it and I use is constantly.. Yumm.... buttercream....
Its kind of a novelty thing so I'm going to get 3 for my sister, daughter and neice...

I have not seen these but i really want one lol :)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
So far, the most unusual stuffer is a copy of Farmer's Almanac for DH. He scoffs at it, but they nailed the date on a huge winter storm last year, so Santa thinks he needs to pay more attention! :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I always get the Almanac for DH. He expects it. In fact, I picked it up this a.m. when shopping. They have 2 different calendars out too. Will get one for the shop.