Yummy-mummy-amy

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Amy-I just saw your post about a fire on Facebook, what happened?!?! I'm at work and I can't let my boss catch me on my phone, so I had to post on here, so I look like I'm working on my computer! are you all OK? Is your Home a total loss? I'm so sorry that something has happened!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh my, sending prayers.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Dawn - please keep us posted. Paryers are being sent for Amy & her family!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dawn, Will you be posting about your Elves on your blog again this year?

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
Amy-I just saw your post about a fire on Facebook, what happened?!?! I'm at work and I can't let my boss catch me on my phone, so I had to post on here, so I look like I'm working on my computer! are you all OK? Is your Home a total loss? I'm so sorry that something has happened!
Amy posted on facebook that she does not have internet access at the hotel they are living in.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi all,

we (family) are all ok. thank you for your concern. the cooker caught fire 45mins after hubby had cooked 3 bits of toast, fire brigade confirmed it was switched off!!! the cooker was totally ruined, the wall behind cooker is fire damaged, my 2 spice racks and dog feeding bowls were also fire damaged, then we have smoke damage throughout the house. due to middle son being majorily asthmatic we were moved to a hotel so the insurance can clean and re-decorate our house. we are very lucky it could have been much worse!

all this happened on the 17th november, and as it stands we still in the hotel and wwill be for another week! the hotel staff are great and doing what they can to help us etc. i can only get on net when i go to my sister house.

***please if you have my elves on card swap can you still send them as this will cheer the kids up. i can get in house to get stuff etc but just not live there until its all sorted.***

Last edited:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Amy, thank God you and your family were not injured. Things can be replaced. Hopefully, you will be in your home to decorate for Christmas and have truly joyful holiday. Blessings to you!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Amy - so glad you and your family are OK. sending prayers that you are back in your home soon!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thank you everyone. we are very lucky, it could have been alot worse. x

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Amy--glad to hear you and family are ok. Smoke is terrible for an asmathic kid! My brother had it terribly as a child but outgrew it. Now he smokes, can't figure that out. Anyway, my elves will be glad to send out cards and pictures to your elves. No worries if you can't get yours out. Hope you are able to do a little fun with your elves! Praying for a quick return to your home!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i have the cards and all addresses in a small book, they will be done on 1st as its an easy thing for bertie to do in hotel with no mess!!!

(we are only having bertie arrive until we get back home, then 1 or maybe both of others be arriving - the new 1 wont be going until next year!)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm glad the damage was controlled and everything will be cleaned up by the insurance.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
hi all,

we (family) are all ok. thank you for your concern. the cooker caught fire 45mins after hubby had cooked 3 bits of toast, fire brigade confirmed it was switched off!!! the cooker was totally ruined, the wall behind cooker is fire damaged, my 2 spice racks and dog feeding bowls were also fire damaged, then we have smoke damage throughout the house. due to middle son being majorily asthmatic we were moved to a hotel so the insurance can clean and re-decorate our house. we are very lucky it could have been much worse!

all this happened on the 17th november, and as it stands we still in the hotel and wwill be for another week! the hotel staff are great and doing what they can to help us etc. i can only get on net when i go to my sister house.

***please if you have my elves on card swap can you still send them as this will cheer the kids up. i can get in house to get stuff etc but just not live there until its all sorted.***

Not sure how I missed this but I'm thankful you all got out ok. And you have insurance to help with the damage. Take care.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Ahorsesoul--Yes, I will be posting about my elves. 3 are already with us, but I haven't updated since Halloween. You will have to go to part 2 which is www.allenelves11.blogspot.com. You can link to that from the original blog. I found that some @#$%%$&#%$ had even hacked into my blog. That's pretty slack to hack into something like an elf blog. Kinda made me mad because I'm sure kids look at that and I don't know what the links were to. Anyway.....I tried to delete them, it took awhile and if anyone sees them, please let me know.

Amy -- Just curious, what is smoke damage, is it just the smell, which I know can linger forever, or is it a discoloration on the walls furniture etc? How do they get rid of the smell and fix the damage? My mind is working too good this morning and i haven't even had any caffeine yet!!! WOW!!!