Zhu Zhu Pets/Price Gouging

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
I had already settled on what to get for my s, but I was looking ahead to birthdays and other occasions when I saw the Zhu Zhu pet ads. I started looking around and they are completely sold out. If they aren't sold out, then people on Ebay are selling them for ridiculous amounts of money.

I know that we live in a capitalistic society, but I don't feel that it's right when people hoard stuff just to sell it again for an insane profit. Luckily, I live in an urban area and am not in a hurry to get the pets. But, I feel so badly for those people whose kids have the hearts set on getting certain things and can't easily go the store to get things. These things are even sold out on-line.

Sorry for getting on my soap box. But, price gouging takes some of the joy out of Christmas.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I agree. They did the same thing when Guitar Hero came out.

This year DS wants DJ Hero, hope it doesn't turn into a circus!

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
I agree! I was lucky enough to get a few of these pets because my 4 yr old saw the commercial and wanted one and I just had that gut feeling it was going to be a hot item!
I literally stalked two toys r us's around us and each got a truck on a different day. I called and they were only letting each person buy one so 4 trips laterI have what I need! 3 for each of my kids and one for a neice. I like the hunt tho, and would never pay over what they sell for, this is why I love being a planner!

I do need two of the little balls the pets run in, if anyone sees them online, please do tell!!!

Kelly

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
I agree

I would like to get these for my girls, but can't find them anywhere. And from what I can tell we don't have them/are not getting them here in Canada. I just came from the States and go back in two weeks, but can't find them anywhere because everywhere is sold out!!! I can't even order them online because they are even sold out online!!!

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
It definitely takes the joy out of gift giving when you're unable to find those hot items. Luckily these aren't on my gift list. I have noticed that many items are released just before the holidays each year & it seems to drive the frenzy. Hope everyone can find those hot items are reasonable prices.