August 2019, declutter club

Discussion in 'The Declutter Club' started by luludou, Aug 1, 2019.

1. horsemama

horsemama Member

Holiday_Mom,
    I hadn't thought of taking pics and putting on a disc. That's a good idea. Thanks! :)

I shredded another small box of old bills and junk last night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Here's the quote that is motivating me to declutter.

Attached Files:

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Pamela, that is a great saying and so very true.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

yes got rid of old magazines

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

yes got rid of old magazines

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

More paper out off the table.

My son got him some new work clothes and throwing a bunch of his old ones out.

Jaymee carried a sack of stuff out of her bedroom here today when she left,

Hoping this week to get back to cleaning! When I run to Jaymees after work and then stay and play or whatever when I get home I shower and seem to be done for!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. PamelaG

Another box ready to go - shower curtain, set of OXO glass dishes with lids that I just couldn't get on with (I just found them super hard to close), a metal file organizer, two books, and a stack of travel books (guide books mostly that I bought when we went to Colonial Williamsburg, Boston, Plymouth, Old Sturbridge Village, Newport, Philadelphia and one Vic picked up in Cannes - I can find all the details online if I need anything for scrapbooking). Also a wooden plaque that had the initial C and our last name on it in vinyl - Sophia peeled off our last name so it will work for anyone with the initial C and a bag of extra pencil sharpeners and erasers.

Lana likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Emptied a 2-drawer file cabinet so ds can take it to his house. There were lots of school books of ds's in there. I want him to just look at them and decide if he wants to keep any (thinking he won't) .

Shredded some papers over the weekend while decluttering the file cabinet.
    Got rid of a sweater.

Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Emptied the desk in my bedroom. Moving it upstairs. But there was a lot of useless items in the drawers.

Lana likes this.
  10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

DD was here this weekend, a stop over from St Paul MN to Mom's in MI. She was able to stay long enough to go through 16 boxes and bins she pull out a small box of things and I have permission to do what I need to with the rest. I have been waiting for a 3 years. It will be gone by the end of the week. YAY!

luludou and Lana like this.
  11. PamelaG

Desk drawers (and a lot of other office-type storage furniture) yield a lot of useless bits and pieces. I found eight pencil sharpeners. Everyone's getting a CrockPot and a pencil sharpener for Christmas :D;).

Lana, Ahorsesoul and Miss JoDee like this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

lol! practical gifts Pamela :)

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  13. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Gave a huge bag of Lego Duplo playsets to a co-worker today - get's them out of my basement!!!!

Now I need to actually take the Goodwill pile to Goodwill. :oops:

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. PamelaG

Posted in Chit Chat that my new living room blinds were installed yesterday so I decluttered the old, ugly curtains and cheap rod...right into the trash can!

15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Cleaned pantry out tonight so alot of expired food gone, tons of plastic bags ready to take to recycle, several paper bags out, consolidated open bags of stuff together.

Have more plastic lids to turn in to the city for a bench.

Will give Jaymee LOTS of plastic silverware for her lunches and move it out of here. Will never use it all.

Allen going thru papers and have a couple of plastic bags to burn of personal information.

Ahorsesoul and Miss JoDee like this.
  16. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Way to Go, Lana

Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.
  17. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

3 ice cream containers without lids to the trash

1 flat bed pillow to the trash

Done for tonight :( :( :(

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  18. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Well had my daughter start cleaning her room and 1 trash bag full of trash out and 1 trash bag for recyclables half full so far :eek: .. Teenagers .. :confused:

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Have cleaned the fridge, took all out and washed it down (way past do). Stuff thrown away and more plastic lids to recycle.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.