halloween 2017

Discussion in 'Halloween Countdown' started by housewife2, Feb 17, 2017.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

i know its way early. want to enjoy other holidays. but i want to have ahalloween party this year. so im just thinking of ideas.

Cathymac2 and Minta like this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Please keep us posted!! I love Halloween. Don't do a party anymore (did 1 for 5 years) but am always looking for more stuff. Have tons pinned on Pinterest

Minta likes this.
  3. housewife2

thanks will do

Minta likes this.
  4. housewife2

we will be putting out halloween the first week in julya t work

Cathymac2 likes this.
  5. Minta

Minta Active Member

Housewife - where do you work?

Cathymac2 likes this.
  6. housewife2

cracker barrel

Cathymac2 and Minta like this.
  7. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Member

Oh this is right down my alley!! I can't wait to see all of the ideas.

I am so happy to be back here for holiday planning!

Minta likes this.
  8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Cathymac2, welcome back!!!

Minta likes this.
  9. housewife2

i planted pumpkin seeds they are really starting to spread yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minta likes this.
  10. housewife2

i bought 2 halloween decorations this morning

Minta likes this.
  11. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

And I'm not going to wait till the last minute for trunk or treat ideas..HOWEVER, last year I rocked it last minute at church and everyone loved my trunk...But then again, maybe because I was literally the only one who decorated my trunk. (SERIOUSLY????)

Minta likes this.
  12. wadeallie

wadeallie Active Member

Has anyone seen a diy version of making a REALLY large spider web for the porch with a big spider? I was at Michaels yesterday and after browsing for inspiration, I have decided to make this for the front porch. Last year I did a hanging ghost with a plastic pumpkin head and a large sheet. We had just officially moved in here and it was sort of helter-skelter so I just threw it together. I have priced some decorations like the large web but they are cheap looking and very pricey. Even if I could crochet a web from rope I'd be willing to try that but just need a photo or pattern.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    ~Allison

13. luludou

WadeAllie, can't wait to see how you make it. been wanting to make one for a long time. I used to have one done with plastic bags and it was really impressive

14. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

16. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Active Member

I planted pumpkins back in the beginning of July, and all I've seen is a tiny green sprout with an orange flower.....now nothing.....I'm thinking I should have more than that by now if we were going to get pumpkins?

17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Even though we don't do Halloween here I am always interested in how you all go about it. I hate spiders, but a huge porch spider sounds amazing!!!

18. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

So I've decided my hubby and I are going to be Wonder Woman and Superman. Not the traditional wonder woman, because it's a little to small for me, but something like this....But basic because I barely know how to sew.

il_570xN.624890815_4vpu.jpg

housewife2 likes this.
  19. luludou

I love the costume!

20. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

This is what I am planning for us this year!

[​IMG]

DS is going to be Charlie Brown, DH will be Linus and I'm thinking Peppermint Patty sounds like fun for me! We're going to a trunk or treat party the weekend before Halloween and I'm going to do a pumpkin patch theme for our vehicle with a sign that says "Welcome, Great Pumpkin!"

PamelaG and housewife2 like this.