Happy Thanksgiving! (2017 Canadian, October 9)

Discussion in 'Turkey Day' started by HouseElf, Oct 8, 2017.

1. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving! Lots of great dinner prep completed today for tomorrow.

I have made the pies, stuffing, and sides, including the cranberry sauce.
    Tomorrow I will stuff the turkey and roast. The sides need a final bake before serving - but otherwise I am ready for tomorrows dinner.

2. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful celebration!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Happy Turkey Day!

4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
    I made up roasted veggies, squash and apples, and sweet potato casserole, and pumpkin soup yesterday. The baby didn't go to sleep at all last night, so I figured if I had to be up all night I might as well be useful, and I made cinnamon rolls, apple pie, two types of rolls, cranberry sauce, and my stuffing. Now I just have to make a sweet potato pie and a pumpkin pie, stuff that turkey and pop it in the often and put the potatoes on. :)
    Four people....three types of pie....not overkill is it?

Miss JoDee likes this.
  5. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors!!!

Tam - You are ON it! Hope everything went smoothly!

FrostyShimmer - You are so me!!! Overkill is fine once in a while! :) Hope you get to catch up on some rest soon!

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving! DSIL is from Edmonton, so we are celebrating too. He insisted on doing all the cooking today and said I get to fix dinner for our Thanksgiving in November. There are mighty good smells coming from the kitchen.

7. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

GrammaDeb, I had a friend in college who married the college quarter back who went on to play for the Edmonton Oilers. Funny, but I haven't thought of them in a long time. She and I were in Concert Choir together. I still have a sweater she crocheted me.

8. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Food sounds amazing!

9. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Hope Everyone in Canada had a great Thanksgiving yesterday!

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family :).... now we need to go through Halloween and that's it... it's a long run to Christmas. I much prefer our Thanksgiving to be early.

11. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

We lived in Edmonton for 14 years! We moved to Ontario 13 years ago this Halloween.

If he played CFL it must of been the Edmonton Eskimos :) that's our football team; the Oilers are the hockey team.