September 2018 Declutter Club!!!

Discussion in 'The Declutter Club' started by Lana, Sep 1, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Got rid of 2inches of papers today.

I'm waiting for the kids to get their own houses then it's out of here... I hope!

Holiday_Mom, Minta and missjane like this.
  2. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I hear you loud and clear.

Minta and missjane like this.
  3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

In the last week, I've gotten rid of three trash bags of papers, worn clothes, etc. from my daughers' bedrooms. This week I'm working on paper clutter in the office area. So far, it's been three grocery bags of paper. It feels good getting rid of it but the process itself, well, I could do without. LOL!

Minta likes this.
  4. Holiday_Mom

I finished up doing the same thing last week with my kids too. Hard work but worth it.

Minta likes this.
  5. Holiday_Mom

Two more bags of paper of paper are out the door. :rolleyes:

Minta likes this.
  6. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

We did our attached garage early this summer. But the big garage - yikes!! Have a ton of childhood stuff (mine) I need to go through. I think will wait for winter when the spiders etc are dead.

Minta likes this.
  7. Miss JoDee

Why must there always be so much paper to go through. I think I am taking care of it daily and before I know it there is a huge basket full. Lots of it was the notes I made while planning Gospel Fest that I pulled from the binder I made for the person planning nest year. Emptied the basket.

Holiday_Mom and Minta like this.
  8. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely hard work and so worth it.

9. Holiday_Mom

Two garbage bags of worn/broken items went out yesterday and today I have two more grocery bags of paper. I decided redo the file system and bill paying system. The file system is done. I am sorting through all the paper work in the office drawers and cabinets. Three cabinets and two drawers are done. I have two more drawers to sort through and a box of papers that have to filed into the new system.

I feel like pulling my hair out while doing this. I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it.

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Got some empty ink cartridges out the door with Teigan for school and baggie of soda tabs they collect too.

Got the filing all caught up for 2018 and lots of paper to trash from there. Have a few sacks of stuff to burn so not in the trash.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  11. Holiday_Mom

One more bag of papers are gone. I dropped off one trash bags of clothes to a friend.

luludou likes this.
  12. Miss JoDee

WTG! Mary.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  13. Holiday_Mom

Another trash bag of clothes were dropped off to my cousin. :)

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Must declutter the fridge and freezers, do an inventory and use up or toss old stock in there.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

More trash out of my room, clothes to rag bag and clothes for Goodwill to a bag.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Another 1/2 inch of papers out of file shredded

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  17. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

You guys are fantastic! I was hoping to get a LOT out of the house when DD went off to college and we sure did gets TONS out. Now I need her to come back and get the other half! :)

I have several boxes loaded up because we have been clearing out FIL's house (he moved into a retirement home this summer). So I have HIS boxes in my mudroom PLUS the boxes of clothes that the kids have grown out of. I can barely fit myself in the mudroom. This all needs to go but we need to itemize it for tax deductions first (since it is too much not to). So its kinda backing up into the house right now. DH is on overtime this week so it is me and The Pile. (I have another pile in the Master and the Attic but the rest of the house is in good shape).

For now the piles keep growing til I can get them out. Added 4 pairs of DS's pants last night -- he's grown out of them.

Holiday_Mom and luludou like this.
  18. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Went through my closet yesterday and pulled out all of the things that are too big for me and put them with pile of donations in basement. Little more room in the closet now!!! :)

19. Holiday_Mom

I decluttered the bedroom and got a small grocery bag of stuff out. I just did this last month. :mad::confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O Where does the stuff come from? Surely it is not I! :p:D

20. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

Renewed contact today with the local women's shelter, dropped off some boxes, got their wishlist and told them to expect more. So now I kinda have a drop off schedule which will make all the difference.
    So: 3 boxes gone.

luludou likes this.