Thanksgiving 2019

Discussion in 'Thanksgiving Countdown' started by housewife2, Jul 21, 2019.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

we have thanksgiving items out. a real cute apron out and the pumpkin salt and pepper shakers are cute.

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

As soon as vacations are over... Fall is in my head

housewife2, AuntJamelle and PamelaG like this.
  3. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

YAY!!! This heat and humidity has got me thinking about fall, the cooler temps and all the glorious smells and sights of fall.

AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I love all Fall decor but am ALWAYS on the hunt for something new for Thanksgiving - mostly because you don't find much of it. It is definitely the "forgotten" holiday when it comes to decor choices!!! At least that is how it has felt to me! Either there is nothing or I see the same types of things over and over again...

Will have to check out Cracker Barrell! Love their store always! Got some cute camping theme items from the line they had this summer! :)

5. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

I agree there is not as much stuff for Thanksgiving as there is for the other big holidays. I do tend to find more at the Christmas Tree Shoppes in the fall than the other stores.

AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Enjoying fall here as we have thanksgiving things out but,not alot as right now it's more fall and christmas which thanksgiving here at my home is christmas as it's a tradition my mom started when i was small and now i carry that on as my birthday is Nov.4th so our home is all decked out in christmas so never had thanksgiving things.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  7. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I went into the Dollar Tree today looking for pumpkins. I had been there three weeks ago and picked some up then but needed more. It was interesting to see that there was a very small section on the wall for Fall/Thanksgiving/Thankful decor. All the pumpkins were gone. However, there were plenty of Halloween and Christmas decorations. Those two holidays have taken over the seasonal section of the store.

8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I was at Dollar Tree yesterday and picked up some Thanksgiving dinner napkins and some paper plates for dessert. I am ready to skip October and move right into November. lol

AuntJamelle likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Our Thanksgiving is October 14th, coming up soon! We have rented a cabin for the family (2,5 hours from here). We are now making plans for the meals and what to take. We will be celebrating my parent's 55th anniversary at the same time.