WayFair vs West Elm vs others? Anyone buy online furniture?

Discussion in 'Holiday and Seasonal Decor' started by Cindylouwho, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

HI all ~
    Not sure where to post this but has anyone purchased online furniture? I need some smaller items like bedside tables, a printer table etc and do not have time to go track it all down. Does anyone have any experience shopping these kinds of places? I do have a friend that outfitted her place with West Elm and it looked pretty nice but I have no idea what it cost her. I did find this on Google so these are the places I'm looking at. I have only heard of Wayfair and West Elm -- not the others. Anyone? (Amazon is in the doghouse with me because of their inconsistent third party merchants that are too hit and miss).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...bsess-over-these-9-stores/ss-BBD5ria#image=10

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I haven't ordered any furniture from any of them. My daughter and I have ordered some things from Houzz and were satisfied with what we got.

3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I have heard of Overstock and Joss and Main. I've only ordered books from Overstock but I haven't ordered from Joss and Main. I've purchased items from IKEA. I bought it in person but some of their items might be purchased online. Have you looked at Target? They sell online too.

4. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Good luck with your search! I haven't ordered much furniture online - other than DH's bedroom set via Amazon. Cheap stuff but we knew that going in. It serves a purpose!

Definitely make sure they list the dimensions on the items and then use a tape measure to eyeball what the size would be vs. the space.

What kind of trouble have you been having with Amazon? I order a TON from them - sometimes from 3rd party sellers but so far I've been lucky I guess. Just was thinking of shipping costs that you can get a break on with Amazon much of the time.