What Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by CanadianJingles, Jan 4, 2010.

1. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Active Member

I surprised myself and did actually finish Defending Jacob this week. It was a bit suspenseful, as the author kept up with teasing hints of what was to come. The subject was a bit disturbing.

So, a totally different read, I've started Confessions of a Domestic Failure. I'm not sure if I'll like it or if I'll finish it. I have a rather limited option of other books to read for now, since I'm on the waiting list at the library for several. My other option at the moment is The Plum Tree.
  2. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Let me know how this is please! It's been on my list for a long time and I think one of our libraries has it but I just haven't taken the time to get it yet.
  3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I finished Past Perfect and to be honest I just skimmed over the last chapter. I found it to be a very odd read. Not sure if this is a new direction for Danielle Steel?
  4. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Active Member

Re: Confessions of a Domestic Failure ... I found it a little depressing at first, but eventually, it evoked quite a bit of emotion from me, from laughter to tears. I'm not quite done with it, but about 95% at least. I'll finish it tonight probably.
    MrsSoup likes this.
  5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

I just finished In the Company of Others by Jan Karon - DH and I listen when we drive to DS's 8hrs away or Mom's 7 hrs - opposite direction.
    Currently listening to Come Rain or Come Shine by Jan Karon while I clean around the house. Both books are part of the part of the At home in Mitford series.

I have two more books from the library by Francine Rivers.
  6. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Active Member

The Plum Tree
  7. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Dangerous Women...an anthology of short stores by various authors :)
  8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Am reading Fall from Grace another Danielle Steel. Enjoying it much more than the last book I read.
  9. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Someone in the House by Barbara Michaels...almost finished!!!
  10. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Currently listening to The Christmas Quilt.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

A King's Ransom By Sharon Kay Penman - about the capture and ransom of King Richard the Lionheart. Penman writes great historical fiction
    Also - the Tale of the Axe - part of my continuing studies of prehistoric Britain;)
  12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

A Catered Wedding by Isis Crawford
    Just finished Bookman Dead Style by Paige Shelton

Getting ready to start Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't by Jim Collins and The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey