Wrapping Party 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, gift bags are a wonderful invention. Great for all sorts of things.

Reactions: luludou

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I did a power session of wrapping yesterday and made a good dent! Focused on things that will be shipped!

Divvied up the Pinecone Firestarters between box to be shipped and the two baskets to be hand delivered - just need to pack more tissue in box to be shipped I think!

Just finishing up a couple of crafted items that will be shipped and also one movie night box and then shipped gifts will be ready to pack in boxes!!! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ. sounds like you are on the right track. I am sure that the firelighters are going to be a huge hit with the recipient.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DH and I will be partying today! DH just told me this morning that Ds has a friend coming this weekend. So I must get that room ready!!! This is the room I have been using to sort stuff and store Christmas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Worked on getting wrapped gifts for my girls in CO into shipping boxes last night. Ended up needing two big boxes!!! I'm going to have to skip doing recipe binders gift I had planned for the twins because they simply won't fit!

Found a box for BIL's family in TN - after much scrounging and rearranging in the North Pole. Boy that room goes from under control to a wreck in no time! Sheesh! Dug through bag of Halloween candy and pulled out things for their Movie Night box.

Pulled out all cookie tins and taped on note to each one as to who they are for - based on how they should fit in shipping boxes I picked out.

This weekend is my deadline for finishing wrapping for all gift to ship and getting the boxes filled, sealed and labeled.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Ladies, you are rocking it! I finished up the gifts that I had waiting for me. The final few items ordered on Black Friday should arrive by Friday in time for weekend wrapping.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Done, the wrapping party was a very focused and took us about 2 hours. I am so glad DH helped. He didn't want to then I reminded him of all the years he missed helping and he was more willing. I must say he is really good at it. I feel a little sad for the 2 that will have Christmas at home it doesn't look like they got much but their gifts were more expensive. We do plan to other things with them though. Guilt trip over. lol

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, well done. Think of all the spare time you will have to now enjoy other things.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You guys are doing great!

Spent more time upstairs last night - got several things wrapped and got all boxes to be shipped filled and padded - they are ready for last minute items - mostly just tins of cookies and the caramels if I make them this weekend.

I am freaking out because Amazon says I've already received delivery of a couple of items that I do NOT remember seeing :( I remember getting the sticker set for little girl in my adopted family, but a very expensive GoPro accessory was supposed to be in the same box - and my indulgent new night cream I treated myself too. It is going to drive me nuts all day until I can go home and look for it.

I'm afraid I'll have a fight on my hands if I try to tell them it never came. I'm hoping I just missed them somehow!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, hope that all is well with the delivery.
We are just getting Amazon here in Australia and often wonder how hard it will be to sort things out if they go wrong.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Only 3 more wrapping party days to go, we are on the home stretch now.

FRIDAY December 7th &
SATURDAY December 8th...............Don't give up, we are nearly there!

If you have finished wrapping....well done you can spend the time doing other things.
If not, keep going, you know the effort will be worth it when you can sit and relax on Christmas Eve.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, Katrina! I found it!!!! It was a box I hadn't even opened yet, sitting underneath a couple of other boxes I had opened. :confused::oops:

So relieved!!!

I still have plenty of things left to wrap but the pressure is mostly off since I have until Dec 21st to do most of it. And a couple more days for DH and DS presents - not that I will wait that long but still.

After I get boxes shipped early next week I will finish up local gift baskets and then start wrapping, wrapping, wrapping the rest of the pile!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, so glad that you found the items, especially that night cream. Enjoy.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got more gifts wrapped! I have three more here to do and a few I need to pick up next week at my mom's house. Then I should be in good shape with the wrapping.

AJ 's package search reminded me of one that I went through a few weeks back. Amazon said that my package was delivered on a Sunday night. It was 10 pm and I was out with a flashlight searching the mailbox, the ground around the mailbox, the front porch and the garage doors. I could not find the package! The next morning I checked again to see if I missed it in the dark. Nope. Not there. :mad: I contacted Amazon and they directed me to the USPS. I called USPS and was told I'd have to wait 90 minutes before someone would take my call. :eek: I hung up. I went about my day and when I got the mail that night, the package was in the mailbox. :rolleyes: I don't know why the USPS and Amazon do that other than to cover up the fact that it wasn't delivered in two days as promised when ordered.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ugh, Mary!!!! How frustrating!!!

I'm back in the missing package boat AGAIN - several things I ordered from Nordstrom this time. I got one small box that I haven't opened yet but according to emails they send a second box that arrived on the 3rd!!! I'm just praying I overlooked it again - but I was watching for boxes from that sender in particular :( Just when I think I've got a handle on things!!!!!

All gifts to ship are boxed up and ready to take to post office tomorrow. Including all tins of cookies and other misc. goodies.

Wrapped a couple more presents for DH. Lots of wrapping left to go but not a massive amount.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well I have about 1/3 of the gifts wrapped LOL. I need to either lock DH and the kids in their bedrooms or kick then out of the house for a while so I can get their stuff wrapped. I could wrap their gifts in the bedroom but I love wrapping gifts in the dinning and using my nice large dinning room table.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, I am a bit of a messy wrapper. I have paper and bows and tags all over the place, I really need to spread out. I remember trying to wrap on my bedroom floor, it was ever the same. I say lock them in their rooms and go for it!

Reactions: Minta