2008 party plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I am trying to add little celebrations with family with the smaller Holidays they will not be that big BUT need to plan if anything is going to happen!

My friends are trying to add more get togethers- 2 a year was not enough once a month got to be too much so we are thinking every 3 months not sure when adding these?? We tend to go to dinner.

My two best friends and I are going to try to do a weekend get away sometime this spring/summer.

Of course what to do more celebrating on Rudy Days and GPD!!

Let's see tentative parties

Jan: New Years- Friends Bday
Feb- Groundhog, Valentine, DH bday, Mom&Granny bday, Pancake Day
March- Dr. Suess Bday, DD5 bday-(going to be a surprise trip to Florida to spend with my mom since share the same day & will plan 1st big party when return), Saint Pat's, 1st Day of Spring,
Pi Day, DD friend bday, Easter, Friends baby shower
April- April Fools Day, Licorice Day, Arbor Day
May- Cinco de Mayo, Mothers Day, Memorial Day
June- Donut Day, Flag Day, Fathers Day, 1st Day Summer, My birthday, DSIL coming in and we are celebrating lots of bdays- plus we are giving next year's Christmas gifts since too heavy to mail
July- July 4th, Ice Cream Day
August- Kindergarten begins!!
September- Labor Day, Pirate Day, 1st day fall, Anniversary (want to plan something special- maybe a dinner train ride.
October- Halloween
November- Thanksgiving, Best Friends bday, Veterens Day, Teddy Bear Day
December- 1st Day of Fall, Christmas and all the trimmings!!

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Jan: New Years brunch, some birthdays
Feb: my daughters birthday
March: the biggst party will be my spouses 50th birthday on the 23rd of March - yes, right - it is also Easter Sunday. Keep your fingers cross that I find an idea to jolly the guests along ;) :smile:
April: April fouls Day,
Mai: MotherDay
June: Picknick with friends
August: Barbeque with friends
September/ Oct: autumn deco starts - Halloween
Nov: Mom, sons birthday
Dec. St. Nicholas, Christmas

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok here goes:
- January: ... ?? pfff... recuperating!!
- February: valentines, sister's, niece, nephew's birthday
- March: brother's birthday, St-Pat's, nephew's bday
- April: OUf!! DD & DS's birthday, easter, SIL bday
- June: Grad sec V of DD, my bday, St-Jean Baptiste (a holiday here in Quebec), wedding anniversary
- July: Mom's bday, Canada day (well not really celebrating but still a day off work!)
- August: Dad's bday, SIL bday, back to school... Cegep for DD
- September: SIL bday, niece's bday, BIL's bday
- October: Niece's bday, Halloween, thanksgiving here in Canada
- November: ???
- December: Xmas

And many other things....

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
jumping in with my list...

Jan... new year's day, twelfth night
Feb... birth of our baby and valentines day
Mar... Easter
Apr... my birthday
May... mother's day
June... fathers day, ds 9th birthday
July... Canada day, ds 14th birthday
Aug... DD's 13th and 11th birthdays
Sept... back to school
Oct... DD's 17th and 4th birthdays, thanksgiving, halloween
Nov... dd 7th birthday, dh birthday, advent begins
Dec... the big shebang, dd 15th birthday, our anniversary, new years, etc.

We are committed to getting out of debt this year and our parties are going to be limited... NOt my usual elaborate festivals

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
January (sort of) We do a New Year's Eve party, we have friends and their kids all over, the kids have a pj party while the adults play games adn stuff ourselves silly with goodies!
New Years Day-Pepto Bysmal day! (just kidding! haha)
My df's birthday- we will travel to see my parents this year

February- Valentines day- my in laws come down to spend the evening with our dds so we can go out of eat, I do however make a special meal for them- hey its valentines day for them also!

March-
my birthday- eh nothing special happens there
dd birthday- big party- usually invite the whole class for that one
Easter- my parents usually comes for dinner

April- Earth Day- will celebrate by planting trees

May- Cinco De Mayo- will make a mexican feast!
Memorial day- Not sure yet, usually have a trade show to go to that weekend
Mothers day- dh makes whatever I want for dinner while I take a bubble bath

June- This will be strawberry season - so crazy time! We have a small you pick production here and then there is the gardens also so again- crazy!

July- fourth of july- always at my parents cottage at the lake with the family, my dad competes with otehrs on the lake for the best firework display
first Saturday of July- our annual BBQ- we hosted seventy last year, so much fun!

August- nothing so far! That won't last long!

September- back to school time, and back to work for me. Also canning and more canning what I like about this is it give dh and I time together- we can together. And the girls have started having interest in it too. They helped with the peaches last year.

October- Deer season! So when he leaves the girls and I are excited about having girls nights- we eat cereal for dinner and watch movies together

November- Thanksgiving- we will eat at my mother in laws this year again I think - and we have decided to grow everything for the feast this year.

December- my annual Christmas cookie exchange, Christmas parties on both sides of the family, then that brings us back to New Years Eve again