2010 Christmas crafts & gift crafts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
What are your plans for 2010 crafting?

I know I want to:
- Make some christmas curtains (I,ve been saying that for 2 years but it is now on top of list... the problem is finding fabric I like)
- Cover my christmas notebook... I've found a design I want to do out of felt (it's a cup of hot chocolate with a chrismas cane in it).. now I need the fabric to put under the design
- I want to make Christmas pillowcases - I need to find a saying to put on them (also need to find fabric)

... am working on my list this afternoon.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I will be making:

10 Knot Trivets for gifts
6 different afghan patterns
Dishcloths and Potholders/Hot pads
Christmas Cards
Christmas Card Ornaments

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dreamer,

What are knot trivets? and what do you mean by Christmas card ornaments?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Beautiful projects.

Thanks!

I'm going through the patterns I collected throughout the year to chose some to do.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am looking at a range of things for various gifts. Like a few sets of tree decorations. A few baby cardigans for expectant arrivals during the year (already known ones - there might be a few surprises later in the year too!!). Aprons, oven gloves and dishcloth sets.
Doll's clothes and blankets. And I have a load of patterns and ideas that I want to think about - it's more about finding the time to make things than patterns and materials for me.....

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
This is something I really would like to get into, but I've never been sure what I could make for the people in my life. I guess the first task is to find some suitable crafts. I do love to crochet so maybe I will look in that direction for starters.

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
Dreamer, thanks for sharing the card ornaments. I hate to throw away Christmas cards so I save them with the intent of doing something with them. Now I know what to do. Thanks again for sharing.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I will definitely be making two 2011 calendars for the grandparents. I'll also make my mil a prayer shawl. I'm not sure about anything else just yet!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I would like to expand my knitting from just scarves. I would like to try socks and blankets.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I would like to expand my knitting from just scarves. I would like to try socks and blankets.

Lionbrand.com really has a lot of nice patterns for both crochet and knitting. I haven't taught myself to knit, but I'd love to try socks with their multicoloured sock yard too. (I'm not affiliated with LB, just a big fan of their quality stuff.) I think knit socks and blankets would make great gifts. I mostly crochet so I'm looking at their patterns for crochet bath sets.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My big goal this year is to learn how to knit. I've looked up classes up in Tucson because our town doesn't really offer them.

Then, I would like to knit scarves and throws to give out for Christmas, 2010.

teachermomof2 and MrsSoup are my inspiration!

Annie

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
My list for 2010:
-Build a snowman kit
-4 pairs of pyjama's (2 each of holiday, and cat or paw print)
-2 holiday dresses
-2 sinterklaas day shirts
-4 scrapbook calendars
-set of homemade soaps
-set of 7 personalized ornaments
-set of placemats

That's all for now, but I'm sure more will be added

goodelf

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2007
My plans so far:
-a quilt for my mother
-decorated candles for all the ladies at my monthly crop
-a set of placemats and a table runner for our dining room
-small gifts for the six babies expected among our family / friends during 2010 so far
-finish stocking / ormaments / tree skirt set I have been working on forever
-finish socks I'm knitting for myself

I'll add more items to the list as the year goes on, but this is a starting point!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, most of my 2009 plans for crafts ... fell flat.

So, I'd love to do better in 2010.

I love crocheting and love the Lion Brand site, too.

If I were to make a list of sorts, I'd say:
crochet towel toppers and wash clothes/dish cloths
quilted ornaments
old Christmas cards used to make a basket
crochet scarves or fleece ones
Seasonal pillow cases (been wanting to do for 2 yrs.)

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Well now that Christmas is over my Craft list for 2010 has changed. Family members that saw the nieces afghans have requested afghans for Christmas 2010!

I now will be doing
12 afghans (it's only 1 a month, not bad as long as I work on it ever day)
Knot Trivets
recycled crocheted christmas cards

For Christmas I got the "My knitting Teacher" kit by Susan Bates and am teaching myself how to knit again, I'm currently working on a scarf for myself and then I want to do 50 dishcloths that are of each of the states http://www.knittingknonsense.com/index3.html

I know I can do all this I just have to manage my time better this year than I did last year.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Wow--I love the dish cloth site! They are so cool...I just tried my hand at knitting last night and I had a dilly of a time with the casting-on, but once I began the knit stitch I was fine. I've saved that site for future reference...thanks!