2015 Cleaning Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I guess January and February are turning out to be closets and decluttering months for me. DH is painting them as I go.

Side entry closet - check
Bedroom closet - check
Guest-room closet - check
Pantry closet... in the works
Front entry closet - to be done

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Luludou -- the way that you and your dh are working together on the closets -- that sounds so good!!!!! You two do a lot of great projects -- working on some alone and on some together!!!!

Tuesday, February 3rd. The last two days have been routine stuff and "real life stuff" days. All the regular business of life. No "special" cleaning or decluttering. PERHAPS tomorrow -- depending on what assistance dd needs. I write this from dd's house. Dd and dsil had separate meetings. Dgs6 is already asleep. Dgs13 is practicing basketball with his rec department team. (Dsil will bring him home). Dgs15 is on the computer (I hope doing homework). Dd said "The next two weeks are gong to be -- all hands on deck!" So… maybe NOT so much cleaning and decluttering. Well -- THAT is why we have the entire year of 2015 -- to work together.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
. Dd said "The next two weeks are gong to be -- all hands on deck!" So… maybe NOT so much cleaning and decluttering. .
I'm sure after these two weeks have past you can call out a "all hands on deck" to help you! You have such a wonderful family.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It has been a week since I posted!! Dear oh dear -- we do want to keep going!!!!

Well -- dd did pay for the "Monthly Cleaning Crew" -- that she sends to come to my house on Friday morning. I spent the three hours -- before they arrived -- clearing surfaces of piles -- and getting things ready for them to clean. So -- a lot of "maintenance and cleaning" got done that day.

Each day -- since Friday -- I HAVE been able to do "at least" one 15-minute decluttering session. Things out the door -- donations of books -- and other bags to the trash bins. It is NOT a dramatic way to see results -- but often -- that is the best we can do.

Today is mostly routine maintenance. At least ONE 15-minute decluttering session. Errands. Cooking, dishes and laundry. Lots of transporting of grandchildren -- and staying until their mom gets home. How about you?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
this past weekend I deep-spring-cleaned my bedroom (walls, ceilings, floor, woodwork, furniture, light fixture), the hallway (walls, light fixture, woodwork, ceiling), kitchen (light fixture, walls, ceiling)... still have stuff to do in there. Washed ceiling in LR and kitchenette too.

maurice.cowell

Retire Member
Mar 10, 2013
Australia
hcconvey.com.au
My on-going project is to re-paint the baseboards. When we moved in they were painted a flat white. I prefer a high gloss. Over the last few years the vacuum has done a number on them, so we think it's time to re-paint.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy Valentine's Day! Another very cold, winter weekend. My goal is to get as much as possible -- bagged up and Out The Door!!!! Loading the trunk of the car with bags of donations. Loading as many trash cans as possible! (So far -- our trash pickup is not limited to a certain number of cans!)

Currently -- I seem to "be able" -- to deal with a "limited space at a time". I would love it if I could just keep going and going -- but -- oh, well! EVERY DAB HELPS!!!!!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Deep-spring-cleaned LR walls, woodwork, furniture, light fixtures. Couches & pillow as well as blind & windows will be done at a later date

Arnold

Retire Member
Jan 28, 2015
I was waiting for the spring impatiently this year. There are a lot of things to do at home - starting from garage door painting and ending with some roof tile repair. Just started the first painting tasks.