Anybody anxious to get Hallowe'en over with so CHRISTMAS can start?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Halloween where we live is great,people decorate their houses in a fun but not scary way. I took my DD9 and her friend Trick or Treating and had a great time talking to other people and their kids. We'll take our decorations down tomorrow but DD9 is already excited by the fact that there's only four weeks to go until we put or Christmas decorations up. I love November and that slow slide into Christmas!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I thoroughly enjoyed Halloween this year. We had our Boo!Bash3 last weekend, then we trick or treated last night with my brother and his family. We came back here and had a fire in the firepit in the back yard, and enjoyed s'mores, toasted marshmallows and hot chocolate on the back porch. The weather was delightful-low 50s and the fire felt good. It was nice.

Now...I'm on to Thanksgiving! I decided a long time ago to take my holidays one at a time..and I really like the fact that we have three months of holidays all linked together! I declared Labor Day weekend through New Year's Day as "Cathy's Holiday Season"....sort of the "everyday's a holiday" sort of thinking. Plus, October is also my birthday month and our anniversary month, so the holidays and celebrations just keep on coming!! No wonder I love this time of year so much!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm going to finish putting away halloween stuff today then it's on to Christmas prep (thanksgiving is past for us... so no more holidays til christmas).

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
DD9 actually wanted me to take her to the Haunted Hayride tonight. It was open for one more night and she had missed going because of the swine flu. I felt bad for her but had to say "no." We just did too much Halloween stuff this year and I'd had enough.

It was great but now I'm ready to move on. Thanksgiving and Christmas, here I come!

LovingChristmas

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
South New Jersey
We are so happy Halloween is over with. It's Christmas 24/7 from here on out... :D

masslass

Retire Member
Nov 10, 2008
Massachusetts, USA
We had a fun Halloween with absolutely perfect weather - unseasonably warm night (50s/60) with a bright full moon with clouds here and there and leaves rustling around everywhere!

I leave my fall decorations up til Thanksgiving (not that I have a lot up) then Thanksgiving weekend, out comes the Christmas stuff.

I'm doing some early prep work though, mainly finding ornament boxes, ordering holiday cards, locating recipes and figuring out what holiday events we want to go to (and need to buy tickets for).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We had a great Halloween camping trip! We had kind of cold weather, but during trick or treat hours the sun came out and it was beautiful outside!

I was afraid I bought too much candy, but we had enough with only a little extra! There were TONS of kids at the campground - so cute!

And so many campsites were decorated - the one right across from us looked so great - they used I don't know how many orange juice jugs (sans label) and somehow painted on or stuck on jack o lantern type faces - after dark they turned into luminaries and they glowed so pretty! Great recycling idea!

As fun as it was - I am glad Halloween is over! I have one more week to dedicate to prepping the house for the baby shower - after that...Christmas prep will be my main focus.

Tonight I am going to take down the Halloween decorations and put up my Thanksgiving ones - shouldn't take long as I only have a few pieces - the Fall themed items stay up of course.

Can you believe that with all the craziness (skunk, construction projects, camping prep, etc.) that DH and I never got around to getting the large pumpkins out of the pumpkin patch?!?

We have 4 big ones out there still! I'm going to see if he has time to help roll them around to the front of the house this week. I think they will make a great display from now through Thanksgiving!

I'm rambling all over the place here - but to sum it up - YES! Glad Halloween is over and I am totally looking forward to Christmas!

I'm heading to Meijer after work tonight for some milk and while there I plan to pick up a couple of sales items for folks on my gift list - a little here, a little there! It all adds up!!!

:)