Aug. 26-It's List Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have plans to:

[ ] Clean off small front porch....

[ ] Sweep

[ ] Clean siding by entry way and door

[ ] Put out a silk potted mum for fall

[ ] Hang up fall sign(s)

[ ] Weed flower bed one

[ ] Weed flower bed two

[ ] Put up new porch light

[ ] Get new welcome mat.

[ ] Update all list in Christmas Planner

[ ] Make baking list

[ ] Make ingredients list for baking plans

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Sat down with the hubby last nigth and gave him my honey do list...went well.

[] Paint Window (had one replaced, needs painted to match others)
[] Paint Front Door
[] Hang Planters w/ Brick Screws

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
My plans are:

( ) Power wash the front steps
( ) Paint the door frame that was damage during the move in
( ) Clean the light fixtures
( ) Pull up dead plants/annuals that are fading

Wishful thinking items
( ) Paint front door
( ) Power wash driveway
( ) Seal driveway and walkway
( ) Put in border along walkway to keep mulch in flower bed

Holiday Preparations
(X) Print September - December Calendars
(X) Start convesations with family about holiday visits
( ) Update Christmas card list
( ) Meal plan for Christmas
( ) Send Christmas save the dates to the family
( ) Update gift list and organize gift room
( ) Plan Christmas open house
( ) Set date for Kid's Craft for Grandparents day
( ) Set date for family baking day

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I am really hoping to stay on track with the plan this year. We shall see! This week my plan is to clean the front patio area, I need to wash the house down and tidy up. We are having a birthday party on Sunday so it will be nice to have the patio looking nice. I am also working on my Christmas Notebook, I didn't use the printables I made last year, so I am a bit ahead of the game, lol.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am going to work on my list friday as I have to sit & wait for Mother as she gets the biopsy done. I know it takes a while, so I will have time to sit & play while I wait for the news of our next steps....
I do know i have to organize a bit, but have to play it by ear as I have no ink in printer....

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Already adjusting the plan! Our kids go to high school next Tues., I have been telling them to clean their rooms and go through their clothes. Ok, got piles of clothes they didn't want and the clothes are out the door to the thrift and consignment stores. The cleaning part is another story...their idea of clean and mine are two different things. So this week is kids room cleaning for me, maybe I will still get the front of the house cleaned, no promises though, lol!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I sat down and got the weeks into a notebook I want to keep in my purse and started some list. Told the boys Friday we are working outside.
( ) pick up sticks in back
( ) change arrow sign to fall
( ) change flag (? Do I have one for Sept?)
( ) clean up bikes and scooters
( ) sweep / spay off porch
( ) general front yard pick up
( ) clean out storage trunk

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have all my forms printed for this week. I talked to my mom about how we want to do gifts this year and are not buying for extended family. I will buy for all the great-nieces and nephews, though, but just because I want to (all are below the age of 6) - just a little something, nothing too big.

I need to work on making some holiday meals. Last year, I actually bought some pre-made casserole-type foods from Sam's, and it worked for me, so I may do that again in addition to what I do. I was really glad I did some "ahead" meals.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I want to work on the porch, but the high 90's are still in force and it just makes me keep postponing it all. We've beat every record here in Colorado with the heat this summer. I think we're going on 95 or 96 days of 90+ degrees. I'm hoping for some cool down this weekend so I can get my door painted. I usually go Monday thru Sunday for each week, so that gives my hubby and I the weekend to finish up.

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
Got the front porch and front of the house pressure washed just before rain started to hit. The remnants of Issac should be here soon.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
When HGP & HHP kick off I'm like a little girl again just bursting with excitement and anticipation.

Isaac has created a few issues but I'm not going to let him stop me. The way I see it.......................I'll win this challenge...........barring any further tropical developments. LOL Seriously, this is exactly why I always begin a few weeks earlier than most doing odds and ends here and there. It always helps out when "life" gets in the way.

What I can accomplish for the front porch is:
[x] Wreath for front door
[ ] New seating for front porch (shopping around)

(waiting on 25-45mph winds to die down..hopefully by Labor Day)

[ ] Revamp window planters with fall plantings
[ ] Pressure wash porch, walkway & driveway
[ ] Freshen paint
[ ] Plant fall entrance bed

Lists:
[x] Master Shopping List
[x] Goodies made
[x] Freezer meal
[x] Thanksgiving Menu
[x] Christmas Menu
[x] Calendar (Done weeks ago & lost them in remodeling. **Note to self-find calendars

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I started printing everything out yesterday and ran out of ink, lol. Always forget something. At least I got this week printed. Once I pick that up I can print the rest and get my notebook in order.

Going to start tackling my lists tomorrow, the Christmas card list will be especially hard. We have never sent out cards so I have almost no addresses, tracking that info down should be super fun.

[]Christmas card list
[x]One starter item for the freezer (something like taco meat, spaghetti sauce, etc.)
[]One batch of cookie dough for the freezer
[x]Plan handmade gifts out and divide supplies out to start buying
[x]Pressure wash front porch
[x]Scrub down chairs and table on front porch
[x]Pressure wash front of house

There are other things I would like to get done but that is the must do list.

Wrapping up the week and I did get several things accomplished! Got 4 packages of spaghetti sauce in the freezer but no cookie dough. Just didn't have it in me, my four month old has kept me hopping this week. I'll start buying items for the handmade gifts soon, already have the containers I need. Still didn't get the Christmas Card list but that's ok, I have time.

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Aug. 26-It's List Week

Hi Ladies,
So glad to hear many of you are started with the HGP. I did my lists, or should I say some of them a couple of weeks ago, when I got a cool day to sit down & think. I also did my calendars for the last four months of the year & wrote some of them up, have to finish the rest.I keep the previous years months in my hgp book from the year before & all I have to do is copy it and add any other special days coming up like a wedding in 3 weeks this year, staying overnight and that can stop the plan temporalily till I return, also Dr's appt's as well. Been working on my kitchen when it was cool. Have to empty out 2 cabinets, for the 1-800-Got Junk People, need to get rid of them, so emptying them is in progress. Need a Kitchen Floor once I get rid of them, took all stuff off of fridge & cabinets so K stuff will be easy to manuever around. Cleaned top of Fridge & cabinets, got that stuff done. Will decorate for Fall once I get the floor down, just went out & got some new Fall Suncatchers for the K, as I get terrific sunlight till about 7:00 p.m. some nights have to wait till sun goes down before I cook, have 3 windows. Also have Paneling in the K so I'll have to wash that down as well. Then I can Decorate, K towels, magnets, Pictures, Poems, Potholders,etc.