August declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Last day of August decluttering. I got tons done this month!

Today I am decluttering under the bathroom sink, that bottomless pit that I have no idea what is in there. I started out neat with little baskets but you know how it is. I would like to paint in there too so EVERYTHING is coming out.

I am also going through old VHS movies/DVD's in my coffee table trunk in the living room. I have a box of Disney VHS movies that are my daughter's. I don't want them so she can take them and either get rid of them or save them. I am pulling out my holiday movies too. I have lots of blank vhs tapes, and miscellaneous movies that I could get rid of too.

I think I will finally get to my linen closet some time this weekend. I plan on gathering up excess linens for my son to take when he moves out.

Lana-You've been doing so much! I love when the hubbies finally realize stuff needs to go!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Lana -- Oh how I WISH my DH would say we need to get rid of clutter. Decluttering just makes me swoon! Jus' me on the declutter bandwagon here. :) He sure did great when his relatives were coming though!

SugarPlum -- I too hauled out the big bin of VHS tapes. They are on standby at the door to leave the building, after not being watched in about 10 years. Donating the Disney ones to Goodwill or the like and will need to recycle the rest along with some other techno clutter in the next week or 2. That will take some gathering.

DD's teenage room is a clutter disaster of epic proportions. What a mess. She has the weekend to make it spotless before school starts.

I haven't gotten the last freezer cleaned out (the one in the basement). Really wanted to finish them all in August (I have 3). Can't find the ice scraper. Will try to rally a trip to the garage and see if I can find one in there so I can say I got it done in August.