August Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK.... I had August Rudy Day FUN! It was great! I recommend it to you all! Let's use this to help us get through the rest of August!!!!

I googled phrases and I went to Christmassy web-sites. I thought (languidly) about Christmas 2010!!!! And.... I did.... decluttering.... and did laundry..... and did organizing!!!! All part of my dream of having a "Simple Christmas in 2010".

I guess this is being selfish..... because nobody will enjoy a clear, decluttered, simple Christmas more than me!!!!

And it really helped to be THINKING about Christmas.... while I was doing regular chores.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I love August Rudy Day! There is just something about it :)I think it's because it'll be our last "warm" one for a while. By September Rudy Day, Autumn has really kicked in. Also I'm aware that there is only three more to go until December. And QVC usually have Christmas shows on that day! I just love it!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's something to be thinking about...ELF SHOW & TELL.....I'd like to feature people's elves both at Magic Elves blog and on the Magical Holiday Home page....all you have to do to be featured is send me a picture of your elf...and a short bit...your name (real or member or both) and your elf's name...and any other things you want to TELL about your elf...

Then starting August 25th...I'll feature an elf every few days...depending on how many i get. There are so many different kinds of elves people use that I think it would be fun to see them!

Rather than post my email address....PM me and I will answer back with my email...then you can send the picture to it...along with any info you want included in your elf feature

Last edited:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Gingerbug that sounds fun.

I had a little Rudy Sunday. It rained most of the day and the weather was really nice. So nice that I didn't need to run the AC. While going through my fall totes and setting out a few pieces, I watched some video tapes of holiday decorating programs that I recorded from HGTV years ago. I put out candles and hung a wreath on my tv armoir. I draped my table with a pretty runner and a nice pair of candlesticks on either side of my floral centerpiece. I may continue the celebration tonite.

Flower Girl

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Aggy, I used to love the holiday shows on HGTV years ago...now, not so much, wish I had them to watch again!

JeniferDwn, sounds like a story there..can you share?? Sounds like something one of my cousins would do!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I think Rudy Day this month for me will be spent getting my gift closet organized and my gifts listed...I have quite a few bought and several ideas...along with a lot of BD gifts. I also want to start my Christmas cards.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
JangleBell. I recorded a lot of them: Room by Room, Decorating Cents, Carol Duvall, Martha Stewart, Extreme Homes Holiday Special, Your Holiday Home. I love to watch them every year. I need to get them transferred to DVD before the tapes go bad.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I ordered my August Rudy Day movie from the library - A Christmas Story. Another classic I haven't seen.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Mel - The boys can recite A Christmas Story by memory. It's a fun movie and it's the first one we watch when the rest of the world catches up and Christmas is "here" according to all those who are just catching up.

Ginger - The elf idea sounds fun! I can't wait to get more ideas when we get into elf month. It's my first year doing them so I'm really excited!

SparkleNana - Have you had any more Rudy days?

Aggy - Your rainy day fun sounds perfect!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My plans are to get some "Rudy" time in tomorrow (Aug 21) if I don't have to go to "town" - fifty miles away! Christmas music, list making, purusing recipes and making lists so I can start buying cooking supplies.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
JeniferDwn, sounds like a story there..can you share?? Sounds like something one of my cousins would do!

My brothers were sweet boys, but naughty at times. My oldest brother especially. He was very smart and if he wasn't kept busy, he would often disrupt class. (He finished reading the entire Chronicles of Narnia in 3rd grade). He took a box of live animals such as bugs and lizards and I'm not sure what else to show and tell. My mom didn't know this by the way. His teacher was a young lady, didn't have kids, that was one of her first years as a teacher and she wasn't the outdorsey type. So.....when he opened the box, some of the creatures leaped on the teacher and I think she almost had a heart attack. That was the last show and tell ever! I thought it was kinda funny..... :D

Flower Girl

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
My cousins were exactly the same....and they used to catch and bring various critters to school, too, including a skunk, a squirrel (which got loose in class) and an entire box full of tarantulas.

Gotta love little boys!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well I had a good Rudy Day weekend. I was off Friday so after running a few errands, I came home and started putting up more of my fall decorations. On Saturday after my classmates funeral (which was beautiful), I pulled out the Christmas movies and watched Deck the Halls and Christmas with the Kranks while putting up a few fall things in the masterbedroom. Sunday I meet one of my girlfriend's for breakfast then ran a few errands. Later when I got home I just relaxed and watched Shreck the Halls and Elf.

Hopefully next weekend I can do a little more celebrating.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
aggy and JangleBelle, I can relate to the old HGTV Christmas shows! I'm so glad I taped them, because they have absolutely nothing on now that I'm remotely interested in watching! I watch Sherry and Matt's holiday specials, as well as All in Good Taste, Carol Duvall, Decorating Cents, Natural Christmas, Chris Madden, etc., over and over. I think they've made disastrous changes to their line-up, and I no longer watch the channel that used to be on all day at my house. I wrote e-mails to them about this, and never got a response, so I guess they just don't care. Getting them put on CDs is a great idea. I'm on my way to Glacier and Yellowstone, or I'd get them out and watch them right now! That's how I get in a holiday mood! My husband gave me a laptop before we left, so now I don't have to suffer forum withdrawal! Hope everyone has a great Rudy Day!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
ChristmasRose - I love those oldshows too1 AND.... I also MUCH prefer the things they sold on QVC years ago...... HOPEFULLY, the television programs will get back to more meaningful, AND less expensive, ideas!

August Rudy Day begins in 7 hours - here in EST in the USA. Addressing Christmas Cards sounds quite lovely to me. AND... watching QVC. Let's see.... I have hot chocolate. That means.... I NEED whipped cream!!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My dd group home was baking cookies today for a bake sale. I told them it smelled just like Christmas.