Crafters Challenge Jan. 16-Jan.22

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I don't usually have project going but really should. Right now I am working on knitting some dish rags. I had a teacher offer to buy some so I need to make some and do some research on prices. I have one done and hope to finish the second one this week. They are different colors and patterns. I was shooting for 4. That is my only goal for the week. I am considering the ornament exchange but have not started looking at ideas.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I have been spending my crafting time learning how to use my Cricut. I purchased the software program to use with it so you don't have to use the cartridges and think I have it almost figured out. Then I need to get started on some potholder and towel sets I want to make. Still looking for ideas for my sister and my bowling team. This past Christmas the gifts I made were very well received so I want to do something just as nice this year. I know this group will keep me on task!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
ChristmasRose, good to see you posting! You have 2 items almost completed!!!!

Shannon, maybe you can get a littles business going selling dishcloths. Extra money for Christmas!

Snickerdoodle, sounds like you have been busy. I really need to use mine. Think of all the gifts a person can do. Writing for the walls, etching on glass and I know there are gobs of crafts out there that I don't know about with using them.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
How cute!!! I left you a comment

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana the pillow is lovely. I am sure your sister will be very happy

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cool, Where is That?

In the community album here I put pictures of the pillow ...

Community Album????

:fireplace:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cute!

It is just a slip cover that fits over this duct taped weight thing that we put in our drive up drawer at the bank.
How creative!!!!!!!!!
:fireplace:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Snickerdoodle, have you used your cricut alot with just the cartridges or is it all new to you? I've debated the program for over a year now, but I'm just not sure.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lana- Love the pillows!

I got the apron pieces pressed so now it's all ready to be sewn. That will be my goal for tomorrow. I've been working on the knitting and will work on it some more tonight while watching television. I should be able to reach or surpass the quarter mark today.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
DGD and I worked on my mom's birthday present last night. Hope to finish it later today...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
snickerdoodle-once you figure out the program maybe you can help me :) is it the cricut computer program or a different one? I know their program you can view but not cut the extras, only cut the ones you have. I think that's cheeting on their part. I got the gypsy and am trying to figure it out. I need to put something in it and cut it to see how it works.

off to look at the picts.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We finished my mom's birthday dishcloth...We knitted it on the KK then I did a SC stitch around the outside. The pic doesn't really do it justice and altho there was a mistake or two it turned out pretty good. I think we're going to make a potholder to go with it & DGD wanted to make a flower to go on the potholder. But not tonight I'm tired LOL...

Pic in my projects album here...

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
[X] Apron
[X] Knitting
[ ] Stepping Stone
[ ] Pick ornament for swap

So far I have finished my apron and completed a quarter of the scarf for DD. I keep working on it in the evenings though so i'll have more than a quarter finished by the week's end. I'm going to try to get the stepping stone mixed up and in the mold tomorrow. It takes a couple days to dry I think.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks, I am too. LOL I remember joining this challenge before and then doing nothing so i'm trying to take it seriously this time and actually get some stuff done and expand my horizons at the same time.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I designed and made all the pieces for my daughters Thank You cards (to send after the party). I was watching a movie and figured I'd make myself productive. This is the example and now we'll have plenty of time to piece them together before March 1st. I used my new Texture Boutique machine on the card portion and it added the perfect touch. I didn't know what to do with that white open space before. I didn't look complete. Now it's simple, yet elegant. I broke down and showed my daughter too and she loved them.

Thank You Card