Fall...have you decorated yet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Today is the first day of fall! Love it! Have you decorated yet? I'm thinking that I'll start tomorrow. I'm hoping to head to Michael's and pick up the lighted grapevine pumpkins I want to put in the urns after dance tomorrow. Then I can start on the outside. I'm still waiting for the builder to come in and do the drywall repairs, so there is not point in doing the inside just yet.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My office is all decorated.

I have ceramic pumpkins, leaves- one green, one burnt orange, one yellow, a spice candle sitting out (that everyone picks up and smells :)), and I bought a white ceramic pumpkin with a light in it that I keep lit.

I also have small peanuts characters set out. Snoopy bobbing for apples and Charlie Brown sitting next to a pumpkin. I also have a Lucy dressed as a witch and Pigpen dressed as a ghost- those will go out closer to Halloween.

At home, I set out mums and pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn on my front stoop. And I change all my kitchen towels to fall colors, put burgandy throw blankets on the couch and love seat and change the towels in the bathroom to those colors as well.

Annie

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I had planned on a big fall dinner for tonight - but did not take in account first day of fall landed on a Friday, so I plan for tomorrow!

No decorating yet - we are under a pile high of dust from our porch renovations. I did find my scarecrow for the lawn :)

I picked up some mums, but our cat tore them apart while I was at work today!
Who knew she was such a plant hater - left message at vet to see if they are toxic, looks like she just tore them apart and rolled in them.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Working on it...got the outside wreath hung and might do the rest over the weekend.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Last weekend I put out some orange candles and I've got some ceramic gourds & a bobble-head ceramic figurine with a candle. That's all I have for now.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I have a lot of it done. I hung the wreath on the door, put out the hay bales and the scarecrow and changed the welcome mat from Americana to Fall/Harvest. I got a new Snoopy Autumn Welcome flag and hung it. The fall candles and tart warmers are out. I am still working on my fall tablescape/centerpiece. The only other stuff left is specifically Halloween, so I won't put those things out for another week or so until Ocober.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I changed the summer potpourri to the fall one and laid out the wooden acorn on the shelf. In a few weeks I'll get out my gold pumpkins.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I finally decorated last week. I don't have a lot of Fall decorations, but I like what I have.

Normally, I would have decorated September 1st, but it has been too hot.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Just finished the last of it yesterday. New wreath hung on the door, corn stalks up, new mums planted, fall flag up and on the inside, I have new fall scents in the various devices that give off smells. Fall curtains up in the kitchen as well as all the summer decor gone and replaced with the darker heavy winter decor in all rooms. Just need to buy one more mum for my living room and I'm all set in there.

I will be doing a make over of the guest room as well this upcoming week, I just finished buying the items to go in there all red and gold, so it will in a sense be perpetual autumn in that room. :)

I love hearing how you all are decorating it is one of my favorite pastimes, decorating that is.

Have a great day! ~ Farmerswife

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
Happy Fall YALL as we say here in the South ! lol....

Myself & the wife started decorating the mantle on Sept first, just could not wait
& in a few more days it will of course change over to Halloween decor.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got mums and pumpkins on my porch.i put out my fall flag. i have fall flowers and apple decor in my kitchen. i bought a pumpkin spice and a kitchen spice candle. i have some fall with pumpkin jim shore decor on my mantel. i love fall i have several fake pumpkins all around.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I hung two fall wreaths and put out fall decorations around inside the house - ceramic pumpkins, fall candles, centerpiece on table. I still have a few other things to do. I'll add Halloween touches in a week or so. I need a fall mum and some plants to re-do some planters.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Nice pics Jana!

I'm bummed because Michaels and Pier One both did not have the grapevine lighted pumpkins. I guess I'll give up on that idea for now since I am not paying 100 dollars for a pumpkin through grandin road. I have some stuff on the front porch now. I changed my flags and have some other things to do.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Janabanana- LOVE it! Love your blog!

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Normally I would have started decorating the beginning of the month but this year I just haven't had time and have had trouble finding anything that I just have to have. I need to bring my totes up one by one and go through them all. I mostly have Halloween stuff with a little fall mixed in like leaf garlands.

Today I bought two scarecrows dressed in camo clothes to put out front. I also got 4 plastic pumpkin pails (not the rounded ones) for $1 each and i'm going to set the mums I bought inside of them and put them on my front porch stairs. We always get real pumpkins from the pumpkin patch so i'll have to wait on that until DH is home. When the leaves fall we'll make a scarecrow for the front porch as well.