Fall...have you decorated yet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I also got 4 plastic pumpkin pails (not the rounded ones) for $1 each and i'm going to set the mums I bought inside of them and put them on my front porch stairs.

That is a great idea MrsSoup. I was looking at some pales in Walmart (they were $1) but they have the Halloween faces on them.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I have a fall wreath, various pumpkins, leaves, a fall garland, dried corn cobs, horse chestnuts and some other things. Many things are already done, but I still have to create a table centerpiece. Hope I find time to take pictures of it and to post it on my blog.

Chilli

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I did pick up mums yesterday at the nursery. They're in the urns. I'm hoping to add some more to the front of the house when the landscaping gets done for some fall color. I am pretty done with fall. I'm going to add some Halloween in October.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well I'm have still not been able to get my decorations up. The weather has been to hot and yucky. It's been foggy and wet for the last two days. The cooler temps are supposed to come through by Friday or Saturday. That's when I will start putting up my fall decorations.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
No we have not yet. Weather has not been cooperating with us. When we have time to decorate outside, it's raining. When we don't have the time, it's not raining. Hoping to have everything decorated this Saturday!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
We are planning to decorate this weekend...DS(6) is chomping at the bit to get the Halloween decorations out. It looks like DS(2) is following in his footsteps...obsessed with ghosts, "dunkins" and the like! ;) they've been watching our Halloween DVDs for weeks. I am looking forward to changing out the kitchen and bathroom towels and mats for fall colors.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
Planning to decorate the front porch tomorrow. Can't wait to get my new black cat/pumpkin flag out. Have 2 terracotta jack a lanterns & twig wreaths for the front. I'll wait until Halloween to put out the glass candle torches along the front walk (orange candles in those). May skip the mums this year, can't decide.

Will decorate some inside tomorrow & Monday. I have quite a bit of fall & Halloween goodies to find places for. Would like to add another shelf/display since I didn't have enough space last year. Besides, there are always new items I can't live without. Here's a link to the candleholders I found at BBW in September
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11810919&kwCatId=&cm_vc=200
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11810918&cp=11893243.11973995.11976328

Wow, I have lots of decorating to do! May pull out a few things for the mantle tonight if I have time!

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I never do a lot I have few things out inside and out front I have some pumpkins and mums a couple signs and a wreath thats about the extent of my fall decorating. :D

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Here's my confession: not only has my fall decor not yet been pulled out of the basement, but I still have some of my Christmas decorations up from last year. Seems so strange for someone who used to even decorate for Pancake Tuesday, but this last year has been so hectic, that I've been staring at The Night Before Christmas plates and Thomas Kinkade Christmas angels all year long. Perhaps if I drape some orange leaf garlands over the Christmas plates no one will notice. :p

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
this last year has been so hectic, that I've been staring at The Night Before Christmas plates and Thomas Kinkade Christmas angels all year long. Perhaps if I drape some orange leaf garlands over the Christmas plates no one will notice. :p

Shoot. Polish them up and say you started decorating for Christmas already.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I have changed the artwork on my sunporch/dining room, and decorated the table with my beautiful swag centerpiece with leaves, berries, pinecones, pheasant feathers, etc. I paid too much for it, but it has really served me well for a number of years, and still looks great. Maybe I didn't pay too much, after all. I got some fall potpourri a couple of days ago for the living room. Still need to do the wreath for the front door. I use the same grapevine wreath, but change the dried/artificial "corsage" and ribbon on it to fit the season. Right now it has artificial geraniums and a red and yellow mini-check bow on it for summer. I have some artificial bittersweet, and I may use the same ribbon for fall. I also need to put the cornucopia on the chest in the front hall, sheaf of wheat on the mantel, and plant some pansies out side...Jeez, Louise!... I need to get off the computer and get my buns in gear!