Favorite Christmas scene in non-Christmas movie?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Came across another movie with a great Christmas scene this week and had to revive this thread! :)

Since You Went Away (1944) - starring Claudette Colbere, Jennifer Jones, Shirley Temple etc.

First of all - love the movie! It focuses on the homefront during WWII and although it can be a bit cheesy at times, all in all I really like the movie.

I hadn't seen it in years, and to my surprise the entire final "scene" which is about 20 minutes I think - is set at Christmas.

A lovely Christmas party followed by some tear jerker scenes with presents under the Christmas tree (arranged for by the husband/father who is away at war) and then a slam bang finish (to quote another favorite Christmas movie :) Name it! Name it! lol).

I looked up the movie on IMDB after watching it and found alot of people mentioning it as something often being played at Christmastime because of that final scene. Who knew!

So in any case, if you have a chance to watch it - it has my vote. Be prepared, it is long - 3 hours - GASP!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I have another movie to add. I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet (unless I missed it :)).

Babe. I love that movie and the little Christmas section makes me smile.
Even if their granddaughter is a spoilt little brat.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I really like Serendipity with John Cusack. Especially the opening Christmas shopping scenes and then the New York Christmas things, like the BIG tree, skating in the park, etc.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I always love the scene in Sleepless in Seattle when Meg Ryan is driving alone and she starts singing along with the radio- Jingle Bells. And she goes,

Horses, horses, horses
Ring a ling a ling! (At the top of her lungs)

Annie

This is also one of my favourite scenes :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Oh, Little Women is my favourite too. When the father comes home from the war and they are all round the piano singing - I cry every time I watch it!

The Christmas scene in Gods and Generals is very touching. Tried to find a clip but no luck.