February 2015 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
February 23rd: Small adjustments are being made -- to the arrangements of dh's clothes -- in the closet and the dresser. Tomorrow is a scheduled event at our house -- a "Happy Hour" for our church's "senior group". Weather is "iffy" -- so we are discussing (email) -- whether or not -- to postpone. Meanwhile -- the "looming entertainment" -- is inspiring me to clean the house.

The "entryway" gets cluttered easily. It fills up quickly - with mail, boxes and bags to be taken out… all kinds of things. For now -- I have "beaten back" the tide of clutter there. I have started on my weekly goal -- of getting as much as possible -- out of the house -- and into the trash cans and recycling bins.

I am employing one of my "old tricks" -- of moving around the house - with a trash bag in my hand. Going from room to room -- and popping into the bag - whatever I can. When I have made a circuit -- I will go to the box of papers -- and work on them.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
2/24/15: Went out early for breakfast and to read the paper, and stopped at the grocery store. NOW -- I am back home… and am ready to accomplish a lot! I will begin by alternating routine stuff and decluttering my own collection of clothes. Tomorrow -- I will be out of the house all day. (Getting "our own selves" Out The Door -- does not really count -- as decluttering. (We just come back, anyway!)

OK -- a lot of "routine stuff" got done. AND -- I made a good start on organizing my closet. Don't you love it when the clothes are arranged by color? Why don't they just stay that way? Who comes in and mixes things up?

I got a request from dd this morning: could I take care of two of the boys -- while she took the third for a checkup? Spending time with grandchildren is my absolute favorite thing to do -- so, of course, I said yes! Knowing that I didn't have all day to work on the closet -- made me work more quickly!

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
2/26/15: We are "snowed in" -- again! PERFECT opportunity for decluttering! So - today will be - another day - of alternating "routine stuff" with "decluttering my collection of clothes".

Since dd is away on a (very brief) business trip -- I spent yesterday afternoon/evening (until 8:00) taking care of the three grandsons. The entire morning -- was spent at a meeting and a social event -- for our senior college program. A tiring day -- and spent, totally, out of the house!

Today -- I was supposed to arrive at dd's house at 6:30am. Dsil would take one boy to school, on his way to work. I would get the other two off to school -- and go back, to their house, after school. INSTEAD -- a lot of snow arrived in the early morning hours. All three schools are cancelled today.

Dsil called and asked me to come over at 9:00 - so he could go to work. (Even though his work is allowing people to telework from home!) I said that I would --- then I looked outside -- at the street -- which has not been plowed. I looked at the walkways and cars -- which have not been cleared off. (I have to wait until the local "snow-shovelers" can work their magic!) I thought about how long it had taken me to recover from my broken leg, a couple of years ago. Then -- I called dsil back and said, "I'm sorry. The roads aren't plowed, the paths aren't shoveled, and I can't come over!"

I hope that, today, dsil thinks about the fact -- that dd "works at home" -- and that she handles 99% of the "situations that come up" - involving taking care of their three boys.

So -- I feel like I have been "given the gift" - of time and energy - to work on our "2015 decluttering" goals!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
SN - good work on the decluttering and good choice on staying at home.

tomorrow we are going to my parent's house so all the bags that have been accumulating with the decluttered stuff will be taken out of the house :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night I did get rid of several papers that were form 2014. Old bills and such that aren't used on taxes. They went into the furnace outside and puff__GONE! To bad it all wasn't that simple.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday, 2/27: recently - the "decluttering" has been "to prepare for March". The spring classes, for dh and me, start next week. We each have FOUR classes this time (a "special" - 4 instead of 3, this semester). They are NOT all at the same day, same time, same location. Advance planning and juggling, are needed. Plus, other things, like dh's Friday morning coffee with his friend-who-fell-on-the-gof-course. (Dh is on his way to Starbucks, right now, and then to the friends' house). All the real-life things - like bills and groceries - and things with the grandchildren.

AND - most exciting of all - GARDENING will begin - some time in March. (Probably at the end of March, this year). So -- this time is "the big push" - to get decluttering accomplished -- before I want to spend time outside!!!! Lots and lots of time outside!!!!!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
We are doing some decluttering in the play room & making it into a room for my grand-son. My first six grand-children were girls, & the room has always been rather girly. Over the summer we painted the walls blue & green. Fun colors. Yet, the bedspread & curtains were still girly.
Yesterday I took him to Target & he picked out an Olaf comforter for his bed.
In the process, we found some things that we could dispose of in there. The dresser housed some old sheets, towels & blankets. Those can go. They are worn & I held on to them "just in case."
I don't know how long he will be with us, & I honestly hope his mom & my son can straighten themselves out. In the meantime, I want him to be comfortable & happy. I want him to know that is HIS space. My grand-daughter made a sign for the door that says "Z's room"

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My DrillDance team hosted a garage sale last weekend. A great excuse to get rid of stuff. I took so much stuff out of the house and to the sale and with everyones clutter we made over $500. A win win situation.