Gift Closet 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I am thrilled we got a jumpstart for Christmas next year!!!! We were lucky with some 75% sales!

Here is what is in my 2011 Gift Closet

Parents:
Power washers
Photo Snowglobes
Ornament picture holders- Was suppose to be for this year:)
Mom (pink electric screwdriver)

Sis
Pink electric screwdriver
Napkins through the year (so far- Valentines/Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas)
Fuzzy Socks

Nephews
Mini roboraptors robots
Remote gocarts (proabably give bdays)

Niece
Pull toy
Nesting blocks
Little People Christmas figurines
Christmas Bear
Christmas Book

DD1 (8)
Pet Shop set
Guitar
Craft Kits
Christmas Bear

DD (1)
Pull Toy
Nesting Blocks
Pink Rocking Horse (may give for bday)
Little People Christmas Figurines
Christmas Bear
Christmas Book

Misc
Glass Chrsitmas Tree (to be filled with candy)
Photo Globes
Items to put in Christmas Eye Spy Jars (just need to eat Peanut Butter!)
(2) stuff massage animals
Christmas Plates (going to make cookies to go with)

Have you started your gift closet?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Twinle I am impressed (and a bit jealous - lol). My closet is empty. I didn't get out and catch the clearance sales like I usually do. :(

I won't be able to start stocking up the closet until March or April. I always use January and February as resting points before I start Christmas shopping. Just in case some unexpected expenses arrise (like it did a few weeks ago).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow! impressive. Haven't been out either. Not much left for 2011 in my closet.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Very nice Twinkle!!!

I have several birthday presents for the boys and my SIL. I have almost all mothers day and fathers day gifts purchased for my parents and I have a dozen or so things purchased for Christmas. I updated my gift list just yesterday! Now I simply need to figure out how to organize it better so I don't loose things.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Nice job!!!!

So far I bought for all our beds new Christmas Quilts plus picked up a couple extra as gifts. Also got some Christmas votive candle sets.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Twinkle, great list.

I have got a few things n the gift closet. I did manage to gets some great after christmas bargains, so that helped a lot. I have also started with the non perishable stocking fillers and have quite a few put away. Things like sunscreen, tooth brushes, toothpaste and deodorant, I get now as I do the grocery shopping.

ETA, I am thinking of making a lot more gifts this year so hopefully I won't need to buy so much.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I have several small things bought for gifts, decorations, and to work on projects with for Christmas 2011. I have a goal to purchase something each payday(DH paid every 2 weeks) toward Christmas 2011 no matter how large or small. So far I'm still on track with it altho the year is young :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
all sounds good. i have agift card to target and every week i put some on it by dec. i will have agood amount to shop. also i do it at my job at cracker barrel.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
Housewife2 - Great idea about the Gift Card.

And I LOVE Cracker Barrel's Gift Shop! In fact, my gift wrap took on the look of Cracker Barrel after we bought our Log Cabin Home in Aug. of 2009. I like the Rustic look. Brown craft paper with a Christmas Bow/Ribbon or a Christmas Print with the brown craft background.

:gingerbread:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
thanks . glad you like it. i like working there and i love to shop there. we have some cool stuff

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Wanted to add-

I have lots of kiddos under age 8 to buy for and at this age they are easy!!!! Now in a few years (tweens and teens) things will definately be different and I know I wont be this far ahead- I am just taken advantage of it while I still can:)

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have been able to get some things in the clearances also - got my husband two pairs of heavy winter gloves - kohls 80% off- both black, one suede, one leather - he seems to go thru two pairs a winter with snow clearing, working on snowblower, using them as work gloves thru the year etc. I got some gifts to use in my daycare for birthdays, christmas 2011- pink medical kit, two sets of my little pet shop gift sets, little cabbage patch sleep over set with doll, crayola story writer. I also got a boxed coffee mug set - 4 snowman mugs in snowman hat box, and got a nice santa claus cookie jar. We had a lot of snow right after christmas and I did not go out as much - so did not get as many deals.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I stopped at Hallmark store on my lunch today and picked up 10 Christmas ornaments for $21. Got 2 for each of my kids and got 1 for each of the nieces/nephew for Christmas. I am going to go back next week when I get paid and see if I can get more.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am thrilled we got a jumpstart for Christmas next year!!!! We were lucky with some 75% sales!

Here is what is in my 2011 Gift Closet
I'm impressed BIG time!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I stopped at Hallmark store on my lunch today and picked up 10 Christmas ornaments for $21. Got 2 for each of my kids and got 1 for each of the nieces/nephew for Christmas. I am going to go back next week when I get paid and see if I can get more.

That's a great deal at Hallmark...Good job

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I didn't really think about getting one gift card and adding to it all year long. That's an awesome idea!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I take out so much cash from each check (trying 25) and then 5 from each check so at the end of the month will be 30 to put on a GC. In the past have brought them at Wal-Mart and Krogers. That why I have the money put back for the baking items and groceries. The 25 I keep in cash from each check.

Some years when I get a good sum saved up seems we have to get new tires or a water heater or.....

Patricia

Retire Member
You guys are so good with planning ahead like that! I need to be more proactive with my budget!

My gift closet so far:

*Lion butter dish w/ matching S&P shakers for niece
*fancy deer measuring cups for sister

...and that's pretty much it for now. Haven't really had much luck at clearance sales, but will keep looking.