Gift closet 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
wvalice - you are on FIRE, girl! way to go! :) I bet it feels good!

I'm still plugging away on hand crafted gift items, but my eyes are starting to lift up "to the horizon" of online deals, coupon items for stocking stuffers and yes, even ahead to Black Friday sales. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I added my handmade snowmen ornaments to my gift closet. They will be need to be wrapped and maybe add a few pieces of chocolate to each?

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
Well, I officially started my Christmas shopping today! I bought a jigsaw puzzle for my mom! She loves to work them during the long winter months. One down and a bunch to go!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Over my time off, I managed to buy another couple of presents, and also went through what I had in the storage unit that is re-giftable and also what I have in the attic in my gift collection.

So my 2 sisters and my Dad's birthday are sorted, I have a nice handmade glass jewellery set for another Sis for Christmas, I have a load of kitchen things for SIL, and I have a nice set of mugs for my aunt and uncle. I got a tracksuit for DD (a top and pants that match) on special offer (effectively got the bottoms free) for her birthday (26th December). I have the stocking fillers for all my siblings. I have a gardening notes pad and a set of 2 nice garden mugs for another aunt. And a nice tie for DH. So I am doing better than I'd hoped.

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I added my first present for granddaughter - a barbie and ken doctor set - comes with both dolls as doctors and a "baby" patient. The set was 36 dollars at kohls, on clearance for 19.11. I had a ten dollar gift card left from surverys, so I spent 9.11 on this set. One down for granddaugther !! --she loves barbies and only has one ken -- so this is a good set to get for her. oh and I have to scratch the play station 3 for dh, we ended up buying a wii on such a good sale - and some games - but I can always get him games or a gift card (free) for game stop with my surveys.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i ordered 2 gifts from disney today. a lunchbag and atote bag m mouse. i got myself a cookbook from amazon deseperate housewives . they have some good receipes

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I got my son an 1,000-page compilation book of the first 8 Walking Dead graphic novels! That thing weighs a ton, but he is going to LOVE IT!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bet he will love that. i love walking dead just bought the second season

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I didn't realize the second season was out on DVD yet! Yep - taht is going on his list! :) Thanks!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I whopped this weekend for books. our savers is like a book store. Were all exchanging books this year..new or thrifted so ive been looking hard for great books that are fitting to each person. I hit the jackpot this time.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I managed to get a couple more gifts this weekend. I got a turntable for my dd23 and a camera for ds20.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm doing something special for DS. Everything month I'm leaving a monthly Christmas gift at his house. Last month it was 100 of those soft skinny hangers. This month it's going to be a new kitchen sink. lol

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
My DH ordered the modified controller for XBOX that my son has been asking for along with headphones for DS, DH, and DD's boyfriend! That is 4 gifts to wrap for under the tree! Just waiting for some more Amazon.com gift cards, and I'll pick up a couple things for DD - have to try and keep it even!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
There were some incredible Labor Day Sales yesterday. 50-60% or more off in the malls. I was with DD finishing up the back-to-school shopping (along with what seemed like the rest of the state -- it was packed). There were perfect little stocking stuffers everywhere! Cheap cheap cheap. Especially for girls (little makeup sets and nail sets). Of course since DD was with me I coudn't get ANY of them. Going to go back this week without her and see if any of them are still on sale.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I'm getting there. I got my son Season 2 of The Walking Dead; thought he owned Season 1, but it was my nephews, so I need to pick that up, too. Also got him a modified Xbox controller. Got my daughter a movie (50 First Dates) and a Vera Bradley make up bag. Things are coming together. :)

I have some gift cards to spend, so I am hoping to get to the stores soon!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got 2 toy car keys with door opener for the twins to go with their pjs. The twins are done!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Got my son a free Nike T-shirt; I will buy a pair of sleeping shorts to go with it, and that will be his Christmas Eve pajamas. He's too old for matching PJ's, and these are things he will actually wear later. LOL Things are coming together, slowly, but surely. :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got my son a ps 3 have 2 gift cards thats it for him beside his stocking.