Gift closet 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
We went for a walk on Saturday afternoon, after collecting DD from a birthday party. We ended up parking in a local village that we rarely get to during shop opening hours - and parked in front of a shop having a seasonal clearout for Christmas stock (tends to do garden furniture and plants in summer, and Christmas wonderland in winter). So we got a nice present for DH's bro and wife (set of 3 nice decorative birds) and 2 nice fish shaped candle holders for my Mom (who has a MAJOR seaside theme going in the holiday house and loves candles as well). Both at 50% off!! So we are happy.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I was torn about whether to post this in the Budget forum or Gift Closet, but I went with Gift Closet. :) I have my dad, mom, 3 bosses/supervisors, and my Secret Santa all marked off of my list through the goodness of mycokerewards, plus $150 worth of nike.com gift cards! I'm getting subscriptions to magazines for everybody! Dad - People, Mom - THis Old House & Traditional Home, Bosses - Everday Food, Secret Santa - Real Simple, Traditional Home, & Veranda. Then I'll use the nike.com gift cards to buy presents for my DH, DS, and DD (depending on the costs of things!). I get so happy when I can get people things I REALLY think they will enjoy for free. I don't want to just give people free things that they may not like, so this tickles me so much! Plus, the magazines are gifts that people can enjoy the whole year long.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WvAlice I think magazines are an excellent gift! and you got all that with rewards? wow! great work.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Thanks, Lucie! :)

This weekend I did a little bit of shopping with coupons and such, and I think I got some great gifts. :) I got both of my kids a set of Sharpie markers (they like to color with them) and my daughter a marker carousel (she's 15, but LOVES to color!) - all for free. I got her 2 pair of imitation Tom's - she tried them on and loves them (I actually had to pay for them, but they were BOGO 50%, so they were a good deal). :) I got some little candles to tuck in to presents or for my Secret Santa. My daughter got her 2 BFFs some freebies from B&BW and Victoria's Secret. Plus, I found a dog nutcracker for my son and some clear Christmas ornaments for crafting presents. :) It was a good shopping weekend!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Updated List of Items in Gift Closet for Christmas 2012:

Little Felt Bear Ornament for DS
Two sets of Fabric Wrapped Hangers for Sister and BF
$20 Starbucks GC
Felt Owl Ornament for DMIL
Felt Dove Ornament for DF
Christmas Felt Owl Ornament for another DF
Target Spring Beauty Bag
Targer Summer Beauty Bag
Felt Giraffe Ornament for BF
Puppy Felt Ornament for niece
Owl Tape Measure for another DF
5 Book Page/Glitter Ornaments for various friends/couples we gift to
10 Assorted Children's Books for DS
2 Amelia Bedelia Books for nieces

New Additions:

Felt Sea Turtle Ornament for oldest niece
Felt Monkey Ornament for a niece
2 each of Kids Scissors, Colored Pencils, Water Colors and Crayons for two youngest nieces
2 Braided Headbands for two youngest nieces
"2013" Journal for oldest niece

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went shopping and got:
Dniece (12), 1 t-shirt + 1 hooded sweater from Aeropostal store which dd says is cool and not expensive. DONE
Dniece (12) - 1t-shirt. Still need to add a few odds & ends to her gift.
Dnephew (2) - some Duplo blocs with the Toy Story team
Dnephew (6) - some lego blocs - DONE
DD - a T-shirt from the local hockey team which she chose and says it is really cool + another t-shirt from Aeropostal. Just need a few more odds & ends
Now I need to update my gift list.
It was a good Christmas shopping trip.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have several different sized canned jars of home made jams and applebutter. These will be used in baskets that will be given to some neighbors, close friends and family.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Well, I added a little bit to my gift closet - a video game for DS, season 5 of the Big Bang Theory for my husband, plus crayons and coloring books for the kids (yes, they are teenagers, but they love them!). Bit by bit, I'm getting there!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got some gifts for dniece & dnephew last week + some things for dd too. I'd say I have more than half done. Stocking stuffers are keeping me busy though

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
Ordered the I-pod touches for my two kids yesterday! Will buy video game for dh today as it was just released today. Getting excited! :)

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Well, I did a little bit of shopping on Saturday and picked up some cute things.
DD: silky plaid shirt, cute tank to wear under a sweater in the winter & alone in the warmer months, sweater, belt
DS: Nutcracker, shorts, 4 t-shirts (he wears shorts & Ts year-round, even when it snows), B&BW shampoo/body wash, sweatshirt, pj bottoms
DH: WVU polo shirt
College friend: Squirrel ornaments

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Stopped by walmart with my list tonight, and I got:

- Small crockpot for DD
- Sweater + pants for dniece4
- Duplo blocks for dniece4
- Duplo blocks for dnephew2
- Chocolate & gum for stocking stuffers
- Christmas movie that the elves will bring

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought some gifts today. got body sprays from vs. got some candles from yankee. 2 pair of earrings from nyand co. and from bbsome shower gels and lotions. getting there. im doing some gift cards for movies and places to eat.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I got 2 penguin lollipops for the stockings. Season 2 of Sex & the city for me

Gift from the elves:
- christmas CD

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I got a complete curve-ball thrown at me yesterday at Sports Authority. Walked into an early Black Friday deal at exactly the right moment (as employees were lugging out 2 big boxes) and got a three-way air-hockey/pool/ping pong table. There was only 2 and they were slapping a $99 price tag on them to get them gone as the new models were arriving. :-O $700 off! After double-checking the reviews on my smart-phone, I now I have an air hockey table (and two year warranty) in my gift closet (which DS will completely freak out over) Really was NOT in the plan so may hold it for next year. An employee was in the process of buying the second one when I left. Said he had nowhere to put it but he'd figure it out! :)

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I had a great shopping day on Saturday!
DS: Gerber tool, knife & wallet set, 3 T-shirts.
DD: Jeans, scarf, sock, shirt, yoga pants, 2 T-shirts, Taylor Swift CD. Stocking stuffers - Ipod cover, penguin lip gloss holder & lip gloss, hair ribbons.

I got to get my son caught up to my daughter! LOL

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I got strawberry flavour candy canes (DD hates mint!), and a nice hot choc for DD's Snowman soup on Christmas Eve. I will get a chili and orange version for DH and an Amaretti one for me this week (hot choc parts).

I got my dad a beautiful wooden business card holder at a local crafts fair yesterday. I also got a book and jigsaw for 2 nephews, 2 house decorations for a gift set I am putting together for 2 couples, (a lovely delicate Christmas tree for my desk at work), and a stained glass tree decoration shaped like a stocking for future DSis-IL. Not the cheapest but really good quality and locally made, so I am happy to get them.

And we were in Ikea on Sat, and we got a pot for DH's bro (he tends to do most of the cooking).

So I am making good progress.

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
I have been a very busy elf as of late! I am done shopping except for stocking stuffers and my White Elephant gifts for Christmas Eve at my parents. I will pick stuff up for the stockings over the next few weeks. I have no idea what to get for White Elephant gifts but I'm sure something will catch my eye before Christmas Eve! We have a $10 limit on gifts and I need 4 of them. The sillier the better!

I have all my gifts locked away from prying eyes! My teenage dd is the worst snooper. Ugh! Anyways, I have a LOT of wrapping to do but won't start that until close to Christmas as I like to put the presents under the tree! Getting so excited for Christmas!