Hardest people to buy gifts for...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
My hardest is my FIL, he buys himself whatever he wants. My DH has no clue what to buy him, he's another with no real interests. His hobby is his garden(no flowers, vegtables and fruit), but he is getting rather large and is up to tractors, etc.

Plus my Great Niece and Nephews. They have everything they could want, including a lot of clothes, so I really don't know what to get them.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Some of my aunts and uncles - as they all have more than enough (and buy whatever they want/need themselves) and not many hobbies. I don't feel like spending €40-50 per person on them (I limit myself to €40 per couple) when they might buy each other cashmere jumpers or the like. This year, I am making the 3 couples slightly different hampers mainly including foods that I have made myself (and mostly grown or foraged the basic foods, like the soft fruit for jams). I found 2 small cookery books to go in 2 hampers, and I got a set of free recipe cards from a spice company for the 3rd. I should spend about €40 between the 3, and it will be something they will LIKE too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Winged I think that's a wonderful gift and so much more thoughtful than just buying stuff. :)

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
for me it is my dh. he has a fishing hobby, but I dont know anything about spools of line, sinkers, etc that he talks about. He was also medically disabled this june (very bad back problem, so he does not fish too much anymore), he prefers to wait for the movies he likes to come "on demand" on the television for 4 dollars and record them on vhs. I already have some things bought for him on clearance (the usual package of socks, new winter gloves) did get him season 4 of the tv show Psych. but I think I will get him gift cards to gas station, dunkin donuts, walmart - still waiting for his disability to be approved, I will wrap the gift cards.