HGP 2013-Who's in?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Hello, everyone. I'm back...with a new user name, but still the same old Cathymac.

I laid off HGP last year and boy, did my holiday show it. I am planning on doing it this year, with my usual tweaks and twists. I like this plan because I don't have several of the areas for cleaning that is listed, but can use this time to catch up from real life interfering with the previous weeks or to focus on holiday prep.

So..who's in with me? Anyone doing pre-HGP prep? We have a terrible mess in our back yard from cleaning out a storage shed. I've sorted through the stuff and DH is working on hauling it off, but it's slow because we've been so busy, had bad weather, etc etc. You know the drill. So...I'd like to get that cleared up before the plan begins. We'll see how it goes. Our plan is to move our shed and add shelves, a covered area on the side and some other amenities. Again...we'll see how that goes.

I am trying to get organized enough to get organized. I'll be back with some details and hopefully a bunch of folks willing to muddle along with me.

See you soon!

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I have to do it this year. This past year has been horrendous for us, and I need to get major cleaning and organizing accomplished.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Still deciding which plan to do, I like them both. I love the list of HGP, but love the cleaning on the houseworks, which I believe has a new name.
~ Farmerswife

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm in on the HGP! The last two summers we have done some major decluttering with so me more to follow after school starts.

Like CathyMac, I don't have some of the rooms on the plan, either, so I use those weeks to catch up when real life happens.

WTG, CathyMac on the storage she declutter. DH and I have plans to do the same thing with our including shelves and a lean-to built onto the side.

Maybe those of us who choose HGP can keep each other motivated through this thread!!!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I do a mix of both plans, but I like HGP for the holiday reminders. I've been decluttering for weeks now trying to get a jump on everything and the house is still in pretty good shape from the huge cleaning and fixing up I did in the spring for the Easter family reunion.

I kinda have to have all my cleaning and decluttering done sooner because we have company coming in 2 weeks, then the first week in September and then in October. So if I have the house ready, then I will only have to do the regular maintenance and add in the holiday prep. The holidays come so fast after my Sister Reunion in October!

Work always gets really busy the last few months of the year so I'm usually so tired during the week, I only have energy to work on stuff on the weekends.

I already have all my 2013 lists and pages updated and ready. So I'm ahead of schedule on the planning, questions, paperwork, calendar week!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am in for the HGP. I always get started pretty good and then off I fall. There are some areas I also don't have so will use those weeks in rooms that will need longer. Like several of us-working 5 days we need alittle extra time at times.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
I am ready to start the HGP-my life has gotten so out of control because of sickness and family-it seems that all I do is work and still it never get done-so I hope with the plan which I use to follow each year I will be able to get back on track- woman

:Rudolph:

goodelf

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2007
I'm in.

Last Christmas I initiated a big family Christmas, most of my family came to ours for the day (everyone lives locally so no need for overnight guests) and there were 12 of us for dinner, two more came later. Everyone enjoyed it so much that we have 15 this year with two more possible guests in a fairly modest sized home.

I also organised a Secret Santa for all the adults in the family for the first time last year including a social get-together where partners were drawn, I'm doing this again too. There are also an ever growing number of children within and around the family to buy gifts for.

This year I have a new job which means that I have less time available to me to fit all the preps in so I really need to be organised, plus this year I'll be working right up to early evening Christmas Eve.

My house really needs a good clean / tidy up / declutter ready for all this, I've really let things slip this year. I'm really ready to get started on HGP!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I am also in - like every year :)

So I hope to get it finished this year. The years before I always had a good start but then I failed.

Let's see how I get it done this year. Like to hear about your progess with HGP!

Chilli

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm in as well..I don't always get it perfect, but I try. I totally need the structure this year...so many things are going to be different and I want to get stuff done EARLY. This is my best bet!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am sooo far behind in the last year or so. I have to b a part of this....
thanks

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Awesome! Looks like we'll have a nice little group for encouragement and venting as necessary! I also always start off well then tend to fall off. However I always consider doing something better than doing nothing, so at least some work gets done. I am excited to have friends to encourage me when I come home tired and not wanting to do the work. Stay on me...I get lazy after a while.

Can't wait until September!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hi Cathy! So good to see you on here again! I'm in for the HGP! I have my forms all ready to go.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Hey Cathymac, how have you been!? It's good to see your post. It's funny,when I go on pinterest I sometimes come across a holiday decorating idea that makes me think of you. I remembered you really liked black & white checkered patterns. LOL

Back to the matter at hand, I'm definitely in. Can't wait to get started.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Thanks everyone! Glad to be back! Aggy I pin a lot of your stuff, especially the clothes. Love your taste.

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I'm in! I'll do a combination of both HGP and H+H, with the primary concentration being on holiday prep. I spent the summer organizing and cleaning the entire house with just the basement left to do. That area is still a bit of a puzzle for me, so until I decide what to do with it I'm just going to focus on getting ready for the holidays! I would really love to be able to stock my freezer with meals so that I could handle the surprises that I seem to get hit with every fall. I need to figure out a way to work that into my schedule.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I have marked my calandar & am ready to start!