HGP 2015 - Week 1 - List Week!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Love the door AJ! I can only do a little every day for the HGP, but I did replace a broken porch light today, and have a plan for the rest of the week...

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
Wow! You gals are so ahead of me. I'm like the old slow turtle in that cartoon-everyone's raced past me. I'm determined to try this plan this year though!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ wreath and door are amazing.
Going to do my front porch tomorrow. Should not take long as it is very small.
Need to.

Move planters and sweep,(x)
Hose down mat,(x)
Brush away cob webs(x)
Wash steps,(x)
Brush front door,(x)
Wash side window,(x)
Clean light.(x)

Front porch done.

I do have a large back deck and two smaller side porches. Will tackle those on the weekend.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cheery Chick....would you like to organize the freezer cooking thread??

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
Cheery Chick....would you like to organize the freezer cooking thread??

I wouldn't mind helping with it, but since it was Aunt Jamelle's idea, I don't want to step on any toes if she had something in mind. :)

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
the printing is all complete. & written in. have a huge dent already in my lists.....
wooooo hoooooo
now for the rest of the week. have the porch cleaning to do. & this weekend isn't gonna b much time as we r clearing off a small spot for y dd & grandbabies new mobil home to come in,the 3rd weekend of this month. so that being said... am gonna take some notes to work with me & work on that, during breaks & lunch...
have a blessed evening & happy Hump day tmro.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Hi all,

I am in again this year!

I managed to make a reasonable dent in the deep cleaning and decluttering over the month of August, so lots of the "once a year" type jobs are already done. Checking smoke alarms, using sink hole unblocker in bathrooms, getting a boiler serviced etc.

This week, I have mainly been concentrating on the garden, but getting a few household things done too. And some Christmas planning as well.

Done:
Sweep front porch, side passage and back garden
Empty out spent pots after summer growth
Plant out leeks for winter eating
Tidy up shed - part done
Wash all ground floor windows outside
Brush guttering and porch delinking for spiders and grime, it was a dusty summer
Wash inside windows in family room
Wash windows in the 4 downstairs doors with glass (10 panels in each, I HATE those door so)
Visit Paris twice
Clear off DDs study desk downstairs
Clear off and polish the dresser in family room
Review budget, gift list
Buy DNiece birthday gift
Buy 2 Christmas gifts
Contact my siblings about making decisions on Kk draw this year
Contact headmistress at school about add absence for family wedding abroad, and offering school DDs electric guitar for music room
Set up internet grocery shopping for this week, and return from wedding

Yet to do:
Buy DBro birthday gift
Buy cards for 2 birthdays and a wedding
Plan and pack for upcoming family wedding abroad

I did my HGP lists a few weeks back, and overall, look to be in decent shape for a change. We'll see how this continues or not.

Good to see so many others getting stuck in as well, and I am intrigued by the freezer cooking notion so going to wander over to that thread too and check it out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Planning to clean back deck this weekend....bought petunias today while at the shop.
Bread, milk, petunias, not your usual shopping trip.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Looks great, cmerth. I hoping to work on mine on Friday. Been checking off other things on my list from the Holiday Grand Plan! Feeling accomplished today.

Holiday Barbie

MHH Member
Oct 1, 2008
List Week

It's been awhile since I've done the HGP so I thought I should give it a shot in 2015. Here's my list:

(X) Clean Out Gutters
(X) Trim Bushes
(X) Pull Weeds
(X) Put Down Mulch
(X) Power Wash Stoop, Steps, and Railings
(X) Clean or Replace Light Fixture
(X) Wash Lower Windows X 4
(X) Clean Door/Glass
(X) Wash Doormat
(X) Plant Fall Mums
(X) Hang Fall Wreath

Hopefully it won't be too hot this weekend to get all that done.

ETA: All done!! Thankfully my husband helped with everything so it didn't take as long as I expected. On to Week Two!

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Glad I got what I got done on Sunday, this week has been awful. We all got sick, first DS, then DH then me.

Both DH and were off work yesterday with it. :(

Feel somewhat better today.

CheeryChick - I don't mind who starts the thread. I'm just excited to see what we can all share :)

I think make ahead meals for the freezer are part of multiple holiday plans that those on the MHH follow, that was why I was thinking the Holiday Cooking board might be a good place for it.

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
Feel better soon!

I've been under the weather this week, too. Our pollen index in this area went up quite a bit and I had to deal to deal with seasonal allergies as well as a nasty cold that DH brought home from work.

CheeryChick - I don't mind who starts the thread. I'm just excited to see what we can all share :)

Cool! So glad that you got it going! :) Here's the link for anyone who wants to check it out: http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32483

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Back porch and furniture has been washed. I have planted petunias, and tidied up the other pot plants. Need to get some more plants at some stage.
Tomorrow I will wash down all the windows and use the blower to finish off the deck.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
My binder and lists are all complete. I do our back porch as we do not have a front porch. Here is my list
of what was completed and what is left to do.

Done:
sweep ceiling and floor
pull weeds and put away planters
put away milk bottle decor and replace with pumpkin decor
clean windows and door

To Do:
put away patio furniture for the winter (I will do this when it is colder)
buy a grill cover (when I am in town next week)
replace screen with storm window (I will do this when it is colder)
put away archery target (this is all DH, will be done when hunting season starts)

I also made two very easy freezer meals (taco meat and sloppy joe's)

I also managed to keep up with the rest of the house. That will be my biggest challenge. Historically, I focus on the assignment so much that everywhere else gets rejected.

Kelly