Hhp-week 3-master bedroom-closets-card list-gift closet

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
This Week's Household Checklist•Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom.
•Decorate your restorative space.
•Tackle the clothes closet.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist•Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies.
•Make a Christmas card list.
•If your card list is still kept on paper, convert it to a computerized form.
•Print address labels for Christmas cards.

•Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters.
•Schedule personal care and put it in your calendar.
•Gift closet inventory and organization

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
This is the week in the plan that will challenge me the most. I finished all tasks from last week a bit early and got a bit of a head start on the Master Bedroom- As I am a single parent- it is all my stuff and I can not blame anyone else. The room itself is fine, relaxing and clutter free. I really love my room. It is a great place to relax and to recharge. I am happy with the decorating and furniture. I have home help (I call her the House Angel) so it is always dust free and calming. It is a large room with space to chill out and read a book.
Then we get to the wardrobe..... Scary! I love to shop and have so many clothes... far too many but I love them all and do wear them... It is also my gift closet, storage area for old paperwork that I can't throw away yet but don't need. Actually it has become a dumping ground for a lot of things that do not really have a place to go. Several years ago I had the builders in and turned a small unused bedroom into a walk in robe for me. I have lots of space but the contents are out of hand. I am determined to get it sorted out this week. I need to pack and store the winter things that will not be needed for 6 months and sort out the summer items. It is a big task!

Last edited:

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
My master bedroom is hosting a fashion show today, and I'm putting too many pieces of clothing into the "too small" category!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This is the third time I have posted on this thread today - so far, the first two have disappeared. ????

Holiday Prep:
inventory cards & wrapping supplies - DONE
make Christmas card list - DONE
create gift storage space - DONE
decorate for Fall - DONE
wrap DD's birthday gifts - DONE

Household Prep:
dust bedroom furniture - DONE
deep vacuum bedroom - DONE
touch up paint - DONE
wash windows & sills - DONE
clean blinds - DONE
wash laundry hamper - DONE
decorate - DONE

Last edited:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Tanya we share a love of clothes shopping. My closets are so full but surprisingly I do manage to keep everything in order.

My goals for the masterbedroom are to shampoo the carpet, change out window curtains, general dusting and purchase a few new candles for my candle holders . I want to paint the wall where my bed sits against an accent color or if not paint, put up some sheer panels in the color I want. Also two drawers on one of my dresser-chests has come apart. That chest hasn't been right since the people who came in last year to put down new carpet damaged it. Grrrr. I fixed one, just have to do the other.

As far as holiday prepping go, I have plenty of Christmas cards. Just need to purchase stamps which I've added to my shopping list. I also have tons of gift boxes and bags. I don't think I will purchase any wrapping paper this year. I think I have enough to last me this year and probably next year too. Several rolls haven't even been opened yet. I will work on my address book this week. A few family members have moved in the last year so I need to make sure I have all correct information. Once I have done that then I can work on my address labels. As for the gift closet I'm using the closet in my 2nd bedroom.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Again I'll be working from the ceiling down in the master bedroom. The closets and drawers are overloaded to capacity so there will be some serious culling. We can't actually change out our spring/summer clothing for fall/winter because it's not unusual to be in the 90's even during November this far south. The only real "summer" items that I put away now are the beachwear, sandals, white pants and things like this.

We have been doing the photo cards for a few years now so DH and I will get a good updated picture, have it printed and they'll be good to go. I'm still diligently confirming all of the new addresses for this years cards.

I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Master Bedroom - My problem is the book clutter. I have lots of books that get piled up in a "to be read pile" or "to put away pile." It just looks messy. I also want to wash the curtains and do a thorough cleaning.

Holiday Prep - Check and update the address book.
Inventory Christmas Cards
Inventory wrapping supplies - Done

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This Week's Household Checklist
•Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom - done but I need to find a new way to organise my earrings.
•Decorate your restorative space - it is ok, only thing I want to do is make or buy a few red Christmas pillows to decorate the space for the Holidays.
•Tackle the clothes closet - started but will wait a few weeks to finish it as there are still some nice temps outside

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
•Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. - All is ok
•Make a Christmas card list - DONE
•If your card list is still kept on paper, convert it to a computerized form - NOPE
•Print address labels for Christmas cards - NOPE like doing it by hand

•Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. - Have all my cards
•Schedule personal care and put it in your calendar. - TO DO but still too early around here
•Gift closet inventory and organization - ongoing

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have washed the windows, sills and blinds - yippee!!

These are the biggest jobs that needed to be done in the master bedroom, so I am glad they are done.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I already cleaned my master bedroom a few weeks ago. I thinned out my clothes to a minimalist wardrobe (have a few pieces yet to replace). All of the drawers are cleaned out and I redecorated in a cottage/country style. So.... I really need to work on the other stuff for this week.

I don't have a budget for Christmas cards so I am still trying to decide what to do...I did write out my Christmas card list.

I want to do "brown paper packages tied up with ribbons" this year for gifts. I have the brown paper and now I need to locate all the ribbon that I want to use. Last week I located all the shipping boxes that I will need.

I need to call and schedule a few holiday time appointments.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
This will be a good cleaning week. Here is. My list of to do:
[x ] clean windows
[x ] wash blinds
[x ] wash curtains
[x ] clean and arrange jewelry chest
[x ] organize closet
[ ] clean desk top

[x ] Christmas card supply
[ ] buy stamps
[ ] gift wrap
[ ] wrapping supplies
[ ] gift tags made
[ ] work on Christmas Card list. I had mine and DH had his. Now I will need to organize and decide which of his I will continue to send,

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Week 3 – Me and Mine Week – The Master Bedrm (Week of 9/15/2014)

Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies.
Update Christmas card list.
Print address labels (Return only) for Christmas cards
Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters
Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar.
Set up a gift closet; inventory any previously-purchased gifts.

Been wiping down and purging the last couple days in the Master. Looks better. More to go. Right now my master bath is torn apart (DH project). Lord, I hope he installs cabinets before winter.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have been busy most of the day deep cleaning my bedroom.

I did the touch up paint, a deep dusting and vacuuming and I decorated.

I am really happy that my space is looking so good.

I just need to wash out the laundry hamper and then the rest of the week can be spent doing Holiday prep.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I like this week on the plan- I love having my room in order but I don't always take the time to keep it that way. And I actually got anxious to start this summer so I reviewed and updated my card list in July and picked out my cards. That's normal, right?

This Week's Household Checklist
•Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom.WIP
•Decorate your restorative space.I think it's fine- maybe a warm throw or something but not yet- it's still too blinking hot!
•Tackle the clothes closet.Done

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
•Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. Done
•Make a Christmas card list.Done
•If your card list is still kept on paper, convert it to a computerized form. 1/2 Done
•Print address labels for Christmas cards. I like writing them out
•Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters.Still a work in progress
•Schedule personal care and put it in your calendar.
•Gift closet inventory and organization Done

Chris

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I cleaned my laundry hamper this morning - gross!!!

All of my household prep is done for the week, now I can focus on Holiday prep.

How is everyone doing?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DD's birthday presents are wrapped. I hate wrapping gifts.

I inventoried my wrapping supplies and Christmas cards. I am well stocked in everything except scotch tape - it is now on the list.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Got another hour or so in on the Master today. Maybe 2 hours all together. Turns out the Christmas Wrap box is BEHIND several other Christmas boxes in the attic. So in order to check my wrapping paper supply, it means I have to unload all those boxes from the attic. Right into the Master bedroom. So I rolled up my sleeves and....got distracted decluttering a different corner of my attic. Way to be focused! :)

I swear, much of the clutter that I need to get rid of is CONTAINERS. (Baskets, bins, etc.) Wandering around the house trying to figure how I can use them, or swap them out with something I like less.... But I have enough baskets and bins to fill a small laundry room. They gotta go. Dang, I HATE getting rid of baskets!

Found the blank return address labels, now I just have to print them out.

And while I was at the grocery store, I purchased one of the 4 Amazon Giftcards I usually end up buying in December. Shoved it in the gift box and locked it. (Honestly, I feel like an embezzler. I'm stashing every dime, nickel and gift card I can into that thing, saving them for Christmas. I'm practically robbing the pockets of the dirty laundry! :)

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Wow I am so impressed. You HHPer's are on a roll this week and doing so well.

I did get my master bedroom and bath ceiling and walls painted and now I'm working on all the cabinetry, doors and trim. I am rearranging our closet set up this evening and actually just sat for a minute to take a coffee break, drinking it out of my "Let it Snow" mug of course. LOL Address book is updated. Stamps are on my list for October when the new ones are released.

I am so thrilled that I have finally been able to get my hands on some firewood. I've never had this much trouble in the past getting firewood but this year I called all of the usual places I use and they had none. DH found a church that was offering some as a fundraiser so he ordered a rick. Today the local Sherriff's office called since I was on their waiting list to tell me that they have a cord for me. I'll go get that tomorrow. Last year I ran out and I swore I would not let that happen this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WTG everyone!

Ellen, we get 2 cords a year and when we get it we reserve for next year otherwise we end up having problems finding the fireword. This way we have no more problems.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Master bedroom is DONE! I am so happy. I love how the space looks and how the wardrobe is. I can actually find things now. I still have some items to store but it may still get a little cool so for now they are in a separate section to be put away in a fortnight or so.

Other prep is going quite well. I have made a list of what I need to buy- but nothing is out in the shops here as yet...not even Christmas stamps. I did notice some things start to appear in the supermarket yesterday but only some baking supplies and ready made cakes...Over the next 2 weeks I am expecting more items to be available..... so soon it will be time to choose paper, cards etc.... i have a list ready. I am getting excited!