Holiday Grand Plan 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am interested in following a plan this year, but I am not sure which one. I will have to do some research to find out which one.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Another one here

I'm signed in on FB to get the notifications.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am so glad. I too have tried a few plans but I think the HHP works best for my area and my family. Often I combine a bit of each plan. The idea is what best meets your needs.

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I'm going to attempt this again this year. So far I've never completed the entire plan, however, whatever I have gotten done has been a HUGE help. Last year I didn't do anything and you could definitely tell.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've never completed the any of the plans. The only one I've come close to completing is the Flylady's. I always find it helps so much to just jump back on the wagon even if I missed something. Anything is better than doing nothing.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've been patiently waiting to add it to my binder, so after I leave here, that's where I'll go. I'm not perfect either, but it helps me get some of my house work done for sure.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I've already kinda started. Got 2 big closets done and some drawers too. I need to be ready for the holidays by Thanksgiving so I'm trying to get the cleaning/organizing done now. I like to start in July anyway.

The notes about the specific things that need to be done for Christmas (mailing boxes, mailing labels, for example) have been a huge help. No need for me to wait until the day I am packing boxes to ship, which I've been known to do, lol. Instead I get everything ready beforehand and it goes much more smoothly.

I love to follow both plan threads and see everyone's progress!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'll check this out tonight. I sort of combine each plan and tweek it to meet my needs. And as many of you said...I don't always complete it, but anything I get done is better than nothing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have "liked" this page on facebook, so hopefully I will get some reminders. Looking through the plan I can see what you all mean about modifying it to your own needs.
I like the idea of dividing the Christmas cards and writing one lot each week. That is one job that seems to over whelm me each year.

I am trying very hard to organized this year not only for Christmas, but for the summer months which I am finding more unbearable every year.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I think HGP is a tradition for me now, something I feel comfortable with :)

Working really hard on Declutter the past week, so will be easily able to complete tasks as they arrive.

I modify to suit my needs too, have not tried any other plan really - besides the Christmas countdown.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I also feel that the HGP is a "holiday tradition" for me now! :)

Of course, crossing my fingers that this year we'll be back in the house for the holidays - will focus on cleaning and organizing during the move in process to keep things under control and start out on the right foot!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
HouseElf & AJ-I feel the same way, the plans are part of the holidays for me too.

AuntJamelle-I really hope your house will be ready this year!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Have really been strict w myself this year. After losing Mother in December 2013, & being alone for so long. I really got into tossi BFF things & trying to organize more, as I was soooo behind in the last 2 years. Now that I have my dd & 2 grandbabies. It's a must. To b on t op of things. It's funny my son will come home now & say. " my mom.is back". Cuz he always called me OCD before my mom was sick. Lol so I am a firm believer in this even more so now.
U thank each & every post in this forum. I may not b able to reply to every one of them. But am always in & out. I would rather make time for MHH than anything.
God Bless & good luck to everyone.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
DawnSu-It's just great to read your posts!

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Like many others have said. The HGP is a tradition for me, I may add components of other plans but it's always the HGP that I come back to.
Have a great day everyone!
~Farmerswife

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I like Tasha and Ahorsesoul have NEVER finished the whole plan but like others have said...what I did finish made a huge difference....especially the year I fell and tore my rotator cuff on Christmas Eve ging to midnight mass....

Everything was ready and that was a great holiday even with all of that!

I plan to participate this year again and hopefully will be able to post some about my progress.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I'm in the middle of a move right now and won't get our household goods until the end of August. I'm hoping to get a jump start on the plan by deep cleaning the new place right away and then sorting through things before bringing them into the house. We'll see how it goes since decluttering is the one thing I always struggle with.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I've been following the HGP since 1999...some years more faithfully than others. ;) I can't imagine Christmas without it!