Holiday Notebook CHALLENGE!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
gllatshaw.....check Office Depot or one of those type stores...some people have used oversized dividers (they do make them) to fix the problem with the page protectors...I've never tried it but its worth checking out.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Right now my Christmas notebook is in pretty good shape but there are a few sections I want to work on ...my card list, my gift closet inventory...so when those sections come up...I'll jump in and join you. :jumpinghearts:

gllatshaw said:
As I read this post about the challenge, I looked at my HN and was wondering if you could address the problem of not being able to see the tabs on the side if you put pages in protectors, and if you put tabs on the protector, they stick out of the notebook and get bent and torn. This bugs me - or maybe I'm just a little OCD?!

They sell the little tabs to attach to anything you need. You can buy the tabs and stick to a page protector if you can't find the oversized ones, plus it might be the cheaper route to go also!!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Although my notebook is up and running, I'll be joining in with you. Can't resist especially where notebooks are concerned. I'm addicted to them.

:globe:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi,
I'm in!

I have a notebook that I've used for about 3 years after finding O.C. It's in good shape. I'd be lost without it. Every year I do a little bit better than the year before. This past Christmas I was happy with being pretty organized and NOT stressed. :)

I have the normal sections from the O.C. site. I don't use every form, but most. Especially enjoy the countdown pages to keep everything running SMOOTHLY! :)

Thanks for doing this!

:happynewyear:

gllatshaw

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Florence, South Carolina
christmascreations and Gingerbug - Thanks for the tips. I'll check it out, hopefully my Office Depot has something in stock, usually not. Maybe I'll check Walmart. " If Walmart ain't got it, you don't need it!" LOL

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm ready!!!

Love to read everyone's ideas too.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I spent a lot of time and energy printing out all the stuff from OC....but never got into the habit of using the notebook....except my recipe notebook. I'm looking forward to LEARNING how to use all the pages properly! :pink:

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
My notebook is divided by weeks of the Christmas Countdown, plus I have included sections for gifts, recipies, crafts, card list, and stocking stuffers. Works well for me!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
You know the problem with the index tab dividers and page protectors, how if you use page protectors, you can't see the index tab dividers? I found something great at WalMart this week in the office supplies section, hanging up with the post-it notes. They're Post It Note File Tabs (Not sure of the exact name, and threw my package away). You can write on them and they're very sturdy so they won't get all banged up if they stick out a little (and you can position them so that they barely stick out if you want). They're also repositionable and the adhesive part is clear, so you can stick them right on your page protectors and still see what's in the sleeve!
The adhesive seems to be strong enough to hold on to the page protector securely.
I just redid my Christmas notebook and my Recipes notebook with these tabs, and will buy some more next time I'm out.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You are so right and I just found that out! I was putting together a NEW household notebook and thought I'd add the page protectors for pockets to throw in church bullitins, recipes, etc. But yes, they cover my tabs! :frown:

So, thanks for this neat hint. I will have to go to Wally World!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The Notebook! The Notebook!

Yes - inspired by this month's MHH chat on "Organizing for Christmas" --- yesterday I printed out the calendar pages for 2008 from OrganizedChristmas.com. I removed the calendar pages fpr 2006 and replaced them with the forms from 2008!!!!! (By the way - those 2006 pages had not one single entry written on them. :frown: )

I am very proud. And I am glad that Gingerbug and everyone on the MHH chat was so kind and nice and encouraging. Please go through the steps so that you will be able to enter the chats! (Remember - you post 15 times on the My Merry Christmas site, so we can have their security protections? It is SO worth it!!!)
:sleigh:

I'm here a little late, I know and I've been researching for the past two or three weeks on various plans and notebooks. So I'm pretty much ready to put it together tomorrow (or today--it's after midnight here!). I'm not sure which plan I will use--Houseworks or Grand Plan--so I'll probably print out both and either use them in combination or decide which. I want to get started this week since my house is a real disaster and needs to be put in order. I love the posts in this topic because there are so many great ideas on sections, etc. I'll let you know when mine is finished!

Michelle

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
Another latecomer here - the notebook is out, and I started the HHP last night. Here's what's in my 2" notebook:

* Faith - devotional articles, prayers
* Traditions - how to handle "Is Santa real?", etc
* Advent
* Budget
* Gift Lists
* Cards
* Decor
* Crafts
* Media - books & movies
* Charity - volunteer opportunities, organizations
* Entertaining
* Favorite Recipes
* Recipes to Try
* New Year's
* Archives - plans from Christmases past

Last year was the first year I used the HHP, and it made a world of difference. Not only that, I did pretty well keeping the house throughout the year, so this year I'll have less maintenance to do and more holiday prep to enjoy - and Christmas planning beats closet cleaning any day. :grin:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am not finished with my notebook yet, I would like to personalize it more and find some different colours (binder and dividers). It is a work in progress :frosty:

pkcrafty

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Central Arkansas
One more straggler here....I usually start at this time of year in getting my notebook together. I've had one since 2004 when I joined OC. It started as a plain binder with all the OC planner pages inside - now, I spend tons at the scrapbooking stores and turn it into a thing of beauty, but oh, so necessary to get me organized for the holidays.
My pages include:
Gift Closet, Baking Planner, Master Gift List, Stocking Stuffers, Calendars and a few more, but I added clear velum envelopes for things like receipts, recipes and keepsakes - and my new favorite section "Merry Moments" - my SIL and I email everyday and during the holidays we end each email with something we saw or experienced that day that made us feel festive. I print them off and put them at the back of the notebook in my "memories" section.
When I make a new notebook, I take all the old pages and put them in a folder, label it and file it.
Now, my SIL and I have inspired a new generation of Notebook lovers. My daughter (16) has started building her first, and my niece (24) is having us over to help her build hers!

::eek:rnament: :grin: :package: