House & Holiday Plan 2104

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I saw it at the beginning of the week and was so excited. This is my preferred holiday plan.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I took some time the other day to read all the plans. I've printed out this one. All ready to go.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Yep, I have my combined plan of this and HGP already printed out! Been working on the cleaning/organizing already and can't wait to start the holiday tasks.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh, thanks! I've been thinking about this plan. I think I'll be doing this as well as the Christmas Countdown. Sometimes I just can't get the Christmas things done in September or the beginning of October. Christmas Countdown will keep me on track.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
ROLL CALL:

Holiday_Mom(Mary)

cmerth

aggy

Hollybow

Sallyj08

Sugarplum (Robin)

Ahorsesoul (Deidra)

ejagno (Ellen)

luludou(Lucie)

MinnieCo(Michelle)

Kringle (Chris)

nursemomtothree (Rebecca)

JYClassy (Sharon)

Cindylouwho (Cindy)

ChristmasLvr (Nancy)

Wow, I'm so thrilled that I'll have some real sweethearts for support during our 2014 HHP. I cannot wait to get started. Please keep me focused and hold me accountable when I start slipping. LOL

Last edited:

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
You're in there Hollybow. It doesn't matter if you accomplish every single item, every single week. What does matter is that every single thing you do accomplish now, it is one less thing toward a happy and stress free holiday. We'll be your cheerleaders!

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
YAY!! I´m highly motivated ... just made a cup of coffee while printing the sheets.. later I´ll head to the stationary shop to find a binder ( and probably a new cartridge hahaha :) )

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I love the roll call. I still have to print off the papers.

One thing I learned from last year is that compared to Sept. through Dec., August is relatively quiet around here. So, this year, I decided to start my Christmas baking preparations real early. (My children were chuckling when they found out what I was doing.) I've never done this before but I thought I'd give it a try and see how it works out.

I went to my Christmas cookie recipes and made up 4 dry mix batches for four different cookies. For example, if the sugar was to be mixed with the butter and then the flour, I put the sugar in a Ziploc sandwich bag and the flour mixture in another Ziploc sandwich bag. Then I gathered those two bags and put it into a larger Ziploc bag and labeled it. Basically, all the dry ingredients have been pre-measured. All I have to do is add the eggs, and butter, vegetable oil or shortening. It's like having the Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes.

In the past, I usually made up the cookie dough in the beginning of November and then froze it until we were ready to bake them. So I feel that I just saved some time at what is typically an extremely busy month for me.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Homemade Baking Kits

Holiday Mom, What an excellent idea to make up cooking mix kits.

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
Please count me in! I need to shake things up around here, so I'm going to try this plan this year.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Sally, I am so glad you've decided to join us for the House & Holiday Plan this year. This is such a wonderful group of friends for support.

Ummmmm, I need recipes for those cookies. LOL

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I keep getting "Page not Found" when I click the link to see the plan....anyone know why it isn't available?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I keep getting the same thing..but from what I have been able to read in between the lines...lol...I think I'm going to go with this rather then the HGP. So I'm in!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Michelle, I'm so glad you'll be trying the HHP this year. If nothing else, we will have a lot of fun with this amazing group of friends. BTW, the site is back up and running. It may have just been down for updates or maintenance.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I want to do a plan this year as well. I think that this plan may work for me, but I may need to tweak it here and there.

Holiday_Mom, what a great idea you have with the cookie mixes. The preparation is often the thing that puts me off doing a lot of baking. That and the clean up LOL