House & Holidays Plan

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Just a reminder that CEO updated and renamed her plan House & Holiday Plan so I renamed this forum. Also if you don't know she has a Facebook page for the plan and it's a great way to get reminders and keep up with all the stuff once the plan starts:

https://www.facebook.com/HouseworksHolidayPlan

:merrychristmas:

Last edited:

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Thanks for the info. My notebook is ready, and I liked the Facebook page. Paper clutter is the hardest area for me, so I'm getting a jump on this section.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I love the new name. I can't wait to get started this year.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Glad for the reminder, is there also a facebook page or group page for the Magical Holiday Home? I seemed to recall something like that, but then my memory isn't what it used to be. :)

~Farmerswife

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks! And I just went through and read last year's Houseworks posts to see how I was pacing. I'm in better shape this year. Much of the home improvement headaches I was working on back then are now all done! Yay!! But there is still much to do, so I better take my own advice to myself from last year and get started earlier!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Good for you Carrie!!

I get my kids involved in the Christmas prep every year and it really makes a difference. It is good that they see what all is involved in making our holiday as wonderful as it is.

my notebook is done and now to make everyone's work list (going to put Kiddo and Hubby to work).

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have had a notebook for years and have really never used it to the full advantage. Some notes in it and pages printed but...... It is nice too-plastic page covers, colorful dividers etc.....

I just went and printed SEVERAL pages off. This year I am planning to put it to good use. :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Yay Lana!!!

:D :D :D

I have had a notebook for years and have really never used it to the full advantage. Some notes in it and pages printed but...... It is nice too-plastic page covers, colorful dividers etc.....

I just went and printed SEVERAL pages off. This year I am planning to put it to good use. :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
3 weeks until the House and Holidays plan starts!!!

Can't wait!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I sort of blend the 2 plans...hoping to stick to them a little closer this year. I couldn't do it without all of you!!!

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Glad to know wer'e all getting ready. I need friends to help me through this. I got an unexpected day off work and cleaned out my pantry. WHY did it take so long???

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Okay, it is official. I must be BLIND. Where is the start-date posted? I'm not seeing it on this thread nor on Facebook. Yup. Blind. It's there isn't it. Am thinking it usually starts the last week of August, right? (And we are posting here, not on Facebook, right?)

Read Facebook and it said the reason for the name change is because the book is going out of print? A new version will not be coming out?

Also wondering if the name change on these boards will confuse some folks. Might it be worth posting it in parenthesis as "(formerly Houseworks)". Just a though. It will probably be fine. :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The House and Holidays plan beings Sunday, September 1st - one week from today.

I am not on Facebook, so I will be posting here.

I am looking forward to reading about everyone's progress!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy2beme -- Thanks for the start date! And glad to hear we are posting here!

Cmerth - I know!! We haven't even started yet and I'm already worried I'm behind! :)