House & Holidays Plan

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am typically an HGP girl, but this year I'm going to give this plan a try! In large part that decision is due to being in the apartment still and not having all those ROOMS to focus on!

So the area approach is nice - I've actually gotten a good start on the paperwork side of things. As you can imagine with the house fire and rebuild we have accumulated a BOATLOAD of paper, receipts, etc. over the last several months.

I've gotten all the loose stuff filed - and it was embarrassing how much of that there was - BUT there is a ton more shoved into accordion files, binders, etc. that I need to round up and deal with next week.

At least I can see light at the end of the tunnel now! LOL

Looking forward to chatting with everyone as we work the plan(s) together!

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Tomorrow is the big day! I'm getting an early start on my paperwork because I work a 12 hour shift tomorrow.

Paperwork is always my biggest problem. After doing cleaning plans for years and reading Flylady's stuff, I can see that delayed decision making is definitely a problem for me. I could talk forever, but I need to get breakfast eaten and start on my papers!

Jennifer73

Retire Member
Aug 7, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I've been trying to reorganize our office this week which has basically been a dumping ground for everything and anything. I still have a ton of stuff everywhere. I hope I can get enough done to focus on the first day of the plan. I was hoping to start off Sept 1. with a clean desk to put together my binder. I'm a little disappointed that it won't be. Mind you I will be kid less on tuesday since my youngest starts full time school. That will definitely give me more uninterrupted time. I sure hope I can follow along with the plan. I'm sure all you ladies will give me tons of ideas.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Jennifer73 -- Having the kids at school will make a big difference. You must be looking forward to the peace (well, maybe with a little angst to have your first child be big enough for school). :) I can't even think straight when my darlings are around in the summer! :) Every year on this plan you will get better and better. Your kids are a great age for you to be on this board - you will get SO many fun ideas. A lot of us fall off the plans from time to time. Don't worry. Just hop back on. In case of complete disaster there's always the Holiday Countdown to save us. :)

Jennifer73

Retire Member
Aug 7, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Cindylouwho -- Thanks :) I honestly can't believe they're both in school. They're only 18 months apart so the last 5 years has been interesting around here. A lot of home keeping has gone by the wayside. Really looking forward to following along with the plan.