How did you arrive at your screen name?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Last year we had a great thread about how they came up with there screen name. I loved hearing the meaning behind everyone's name- it really can give everyone a glimpse at the real you!

I will start!

pixiestick---

When I was in my mid 20's I can home from being a Peace Corps volunteer and had a hard time readjusting to life back in the States ( reverse culture shock) so I ran away with a friend to Alaska and got a job working at high-end fishing lodge out in the middle of nowhere-it was only accessible by boat or float plane. My job was working in the office and I had to talk to and contact the fishing guides via radio. They all had "handles" so I had to come up with one for myself. I wanted it to be feminine and kind of tongue-in-cheek but easy for anyone to remember. I loved the candy pixiesticks as a kid and somehow that just popped into my head and it became my radio handle.

When I signed on here I had to decide between skybluepink (my geocaching name) and pixiestick. Pixiestick won out because I thought it kind of fit in with the holiday theme here so voila!

Tell me about your name!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Gee ...

Your reason is so CUTE!

My screen name is just my initials. Nothing too exciting! LOL

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Mine is actually kind of like yours. My name is Terri and my Dad's name is Terry. He's a truck driver and when I was a teenager, CB radios were the thing to use to communicate with others in our neck of the woods. To tell us apart on the phone people would be asked if they wanted Terry or little Terri. My Dad is short so he was given the CB handle of Tattoo after that little guy from Fantasy Island. Since I was Little Terri, they chose Little Tattoo as my handle. It kind of stuck. I just shortened it a little.

And it's also my geocaching name. :eek:)

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
cute stories... I have actually always wondered about yours liltattoo.

Mine is kind of self explanatory... ever few years I change it, though... it used to be momof7, then it was momof8... LOL

Christmas Girl

Retire Member
Jul 24, 2009
Scotland
Everyone I work with calls me Christmas Girl as a joke because I'm always planning for it and telling them how many days there are to go until the big day so I thought it was a pretty appropriate for this site. Even DH calls me this as times lol

It's so fun to see why others have chosen their names - I've always wondered about certain ones

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Well~not very creative, but I am a teacher and a mom to 2, so there's my name...teachermomof2.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mine is a spin off of our last name. Our last name is Supanich (Sue-pan-ich) and everyone calls my husband SSG Soup because most people can't pronounce our last name right. So i'm MrsSoup.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mine's not imaginative either... combination of 1st & last name.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I chose mine because it is how I feel all the time.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Too Fun!

Love this thread!

Mrs. Soup ... I had wondered about yours ... figured you liked "soup"! LOL

Coffeenut ... I thought you just loved coffee!! LOL

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have a thing for Pirates and the rest is pretty self explanatory. I have 3 boys There are some interesting stories. Great thread.

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Mine came from high school many, many years ago. LOL. We had a new club for those taking the offset printing classes. I took this for two years in addition to all my journalism and photography ones. When we made the club, I was the first president and called the Head Printersdevil in the yearbook. Printersdevils (in case you don't know) were apprentices to printers.

I have always used this when I need an alternate name.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
As for me...my last name is Fox and when my husband bought our first computer...he tagged it with Foxpaw...I have stuck with it and he has gone onto better names...

Love to hear all about the names...in fact I was just thinking of that a day or so ago...especially as I see new ones coming on...

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Well, most of my screen names I use/have used have Canadian in them. I'm pretty proud of where I come from and my friends all know I don't hide that online even if I don't put my city or province. And, Jingles, that was all about being on a holiday board. Just a spur of the moment Christmas pick! :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
halimer is a combination of my last name and my husband's from those days when computer e-masil was new and we shared an account. He's gone on to something else, but I kind of like halimer.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My DD, DGD and I are close. My DD likes to read here when she gets a chance. I talk alot about my DGD. We're in MO so I decide to use girlsinmo as my username. Altho, my name is Tricia as some of you know.