How did you arrive at your screen name?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Love these! Well, mine is pretty obvious, I grew up in upstate NY, but live in western NC, where snow isn't as frequent, but I still love it

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I started signing my nieces and nephews Christmas presents as Annie Claus instead of Santa Claus so that's how I came up with my screen name.

Annie

PS- girlsinmo-Every time I have ever read your screen name I have thought: "Girls in Motion." Makes a lot more sense now that you've explained it.

MrsSoup- I just assumed your last name was Soup.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Annie I'm doing research on family reunions and last night I was looking around the web at family tree stuff.

Anyway I always thought my grandma(dad's mom) name was Virginia Ann but found out on the web it was Annie Virginia my dad confirmed that today. Now I'm on a search to find out my grandpa's parents name. They died before my dad was born and he could only remember his grandpa's first name or what he thought it was.

Anyway just a little bit of name history from me LOL

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
girlsinmo- That's cool- the research you're doing on your family!

Annie

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
OK, now I seriously feel like a dud...could I have picked a less imaginative name? Colleen in PA?

Elsewhere my screen name is X-MenMommy because my two sons both have X's in their names (Max & Alex) and my dad has been calling them the X-Men since we found out #2 was a boy.

Love all the stories!

Belles

Retire Member
"Belles", is my cyber name on absolutely everything, even my personal email accounts, in fact I've used it so much it has become a nickname. I love bells, all my favorite Christmas songs have bells in them and my family teases me about being a southern belle. So I have actually become Belles. Besides Grits was taken (Girls Raised in the South)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My darling husband has always called me his pumkin pie. (I don't know why but we were teenagers when we met so who knows why we did anything lol.)
Anyway one day I was trying to register for a online games site and there was already a pumkinpye. DUH. So DH suggested that I put the sweet in front of it because it worked.

On one of my other sites I am mum of angels but when you put it all together I was called mumo fangels. Not so cute.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I'm Dreamer

As a youngster, I spent a LOT of time living with my Gram. She use to call me her little dreamer as I was always dreaming about something or another.

I lost her in 93 and in rememberance of her and her love for Christmas I decided to go with Dreamer :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
sweetpumkinpye- I am laughing so hard right now about the mumo fangels.

That is just too funny!

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
hee hee

mumo fangels ... Oh my, I'm giggling too!

Dreamer ... that's so nice!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
My mama always called me Doodlebug when I was younger. We lost her 2 years ago next month. When I see the name now I can hear her calling me that.