It's NOVEMBER! Woo Hoo!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
I love November- start the Christmas decorating, but lots of time to enjoy the season. :) What are you looking forward to most in November?

For me, I'm most looking forward to my little preemie nephew getting out of the NICU. And starting my decorating for Christmas mid-month.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Christy- what a wonderful thing to look forward to.

Fall will finally be in full swing and i look forward all the Christmas stuff starting to come out. And you can't forget Black Friday ;) But Thanksgiving it's a small family thing and that's nice. DH's 40th Birthday is this mohtn. He wants nothing done and he means it so I tell him his 2 NASCAR races and a summer of diving and spending wknds away was his Brithday gift. I am sure the boys and I will come up w/ something to do for him.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am looking forward to the peace and quiet that this month brings. All of my fall and Halloween decorations are down and packed away. My house looks almost bare and I like it that way.

I have a lot of Christmas preparation to do this month, but I don't feel rushed or frazzled. I have an entire month to do what needs to be done.

I feel a sense of calm and serenity.

How sick is that? LOL!!!

zchristy

Santa's Elves
And you can't forget Black Friday ;)

We don't have black Friday, here! :) In Canada, our thanksgiving is in Oct and Christmas starts shortly after Halloween ends. The only shopping equivalent here is Boxing day. And I'm quite thankful, as I like to get ym shopping done before mid-Nov so that I can AVOID schlepping through the stores whern everyone is frantic. :) LOL

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
there are times I wish Thanksgiving was not in Nov. it's 3 holidays in a row. Even though I have most my shopping done before black Friday, I still like to go out that day, it's fun.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What a fun thread you have started, zchristy!

October 1st begins the long run-up to Halloween for me.... I decorate the wooded pathway beside my house with all kinds of non-scary decorations! Adding some each day! For some reason.... lots of people of all ages like to look at the things I have collected over the years! It is cheerful!
And then.... very fun neighborhood block parties from 3:00 until trick-or-treat time!

By November 1st...... it REALLY feels like the Magical Holiday Season is here!

Oh... and I will have already given my "Christmas party" by November 1st. (Only me... and you guys..... know that it is a Christmas party. The guests think it is just a party.

So,,, during November.... I organize the house... to some extent. Get the decorations (and outside lights ready). I like to turn the outside Christmas lights on Thanksgiving evening. And... I like to get the tree up by Black Friday... at the latest. Watch Christmas movies and read Christmas books. And spend lots of time here... at ourMagical Holiday Home!

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Yay!! November first!! My decorations will go up in exactly 12 days!!! The weekend of my birthday! I cant wait! I have to start finalizing plans for my cookie party on Dec 5 too!! Oh..tons of things to do! I just LOVE it!! Need to get everything planned out...our weathermen are predicting tons of snow this year ( I hope we get it!!!)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
There's a certain coziness I love about November.

And my birthday, of course.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm in Canada too. We have a rule at my house that the decorations don't go up and the carols aren't played until after Remembrance Day, out of respect. (Short of the carols that I play in the middle of the summer to get in the Christmas spirit :) ) But that means Nov. 12 it's all-out Christmas at my house.
What I'm looking forward to (and dreading) the most this month is the arrival of my unexpected little Christmas package due mid-month.
I think November is wonderful because you can start watching Christmas specials, and playing the music, going to parades etc., and yet you still have a month to get everything done, so you get the enjoyment without the pressure. Plus the temperature dips and you get that cozy, curl up with a blanket and drink hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks kind of feeling.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Ohhh I am sooooo excited to be able to get my Christmas lights out & sorted and out.. I have been waiting for the moment to say I can get my lights up.... wow.....
but most of all I am getting my house in order, from the top to the bottom..... inside & out..... its more than just a few things....

:snowman:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
November, is just full of planning and anticipation. I'm looking forward to picking up new lights this month and a new tree. Just something a bit different to shake it up a bit.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
November is like an entryway to the holiday season for me. The building anticipation of what's to come and the thrill of hauling out the decorations, buying gifts, and baking! We will also do the angel tree this year or something like that if I can find one. Or maybe we'll just donate to Operation Santa Claus on post.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
FrostyShimmer-So excited for you! That makes November wonderful! Are you thinking you may have your bundle a bit early? Or just hoping?
November is our wonderful preparation month! I'm looking forward to getting ready and t enjoying the WHOLE season!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
There are two things I love about November: on the 20th it will my twins birthday (boy/girl) and they will be 42. Yikes! Are they getting old or what! Then, there is Thanksgiving. Except that this year, it will just be Sweetie and me, as all of my kids will have their celebrations with their inlaws. Every other year I get it. sniff sniff

I have such a hard time cooking for just the two of us sometimes. I want the same things I always fix: a 12 lb. turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls and pumpkin pie. Sweetie keeps telling me to make it easy on myself. Ok, then YOU help me! That would make it easy on me! But when I pare it down, it doesn't seem like Thanksgiving to me. KWIM?

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i took down all my halloween decorations but left fall out. in a couple weeks ill decorate for christmas

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
I'm most looking forward to

putting up the outside light - indoor decor must wait until December 1st.
Making Christmas presents with my niece
taking out my Christmas books - I have a tote box full

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I love November!! The weather starts to turn cold making it easier to get everything done! I also love Thanksgiving especially Thanksgiving evening because that is the real start of the Christmas season for my entire family. After Thanksgiving dinner, we start to watch Christmas movies as a family and listening to Christmas Carols. It's also when we decorate the inside of the house and put up the family Christmas tree. The entire month is very busy for me getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas preparations. I just LOVE November!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
What I love about November is that not only is it my dear Mum and sister's birthdays but the countdown to Christmas has really started! Plans are starting to come together, shopping is being done and my tree will be going up in 27 days. Wow! I love the fact that it's dark early ,so, the evenings are spent feeling cosy with the curtains drawn. I have that lovely tingly feeling knowing that every day is a day closer to Christmas! :)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
JackFrosty - Well I know she's due mid-month, but women in my family tend to carry very late, so if she's born within a week after her due date I'll consider her early! I've been having false labour about every 2-3 days, which is starting to wear me out. It will last 10-12 hours, and just when I think maybe I should head to the hospital, it stops.

I did some Christmas wrapping last night :) Mostly just for the baby. I know she'll be too little to understand anything or care really, but it just wouldn't be right if she didn't have a few things under the tree.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
OH! I'm just so excited for you! And I absolutly agree about the gifts! After all Christmas is about the giving so of course you feel like giving to your sweet baby! I hope you'll get to see your family this Holiday season-especially with a new member being here!

When I was a kid I hated having my birthday in November-such a boring month! Now I'm so glad it's 'boring!'