It's NOVEMBER! Woo Hoo!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Halimer, it's my birthday in November too! I'm looking forward to going with family to a Beef n Beer featuring a really great local Irish band. Should be a fun night!

I always really look forward to Thanksgiving. We have a lovely buffet dinner with DH's family at a local country club. It's so beautiful, the food is wonderful and it's so leisurely. No rushing around before or after the meal. Later I might drop by parents' who have a more raucous home celebration with games and watching football.

Also, my sister and I always take my two DDs to open up the holiday season at Christmas in Hershey. Hersheypark is decorated for the holidays and the kids enjoy some rides and we stay overnight. So fun!

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
I'm really looking forward to November too. I'm leaving tomorrow to spend a long weekend with my sister's family (twins birthday and a niece who is in a play).

My dad's birthday is in November as well as my parents anniversary.

AND, I just found out yesterday that my parents are coming to my place for Thanksgiving this year! What a treat! As a single gal, I don't often get to celebrate the holidays in my own home. They will drive down Wednesday afternoon and stay until Friday evening. Mom suggested that after Thanksgiving dinner, she and Dad help me put up my tree and outside lights. Yay!

It's going to be a wonderful month!!

FrostyShimmer, hope everything goes smoothly with the delivery! Hang in there!

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
I love November- start the Christmas decorating, but lots of time to enjoy the season. :) What are you looking forward to most in November?

For me, I'm most looking forward to my little preemie nephew getting out of the NICU. And starting my decorating for Christmas mid-month.

The middle 2 weeks of November are the most exciting for us, the wife & children start wanting to put up the tree and other decorations...we normally have the whole house decked out by the week of Thanksgiving....we use to do it a lot earlier, but we wanted a small transition from Halloween :eek:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I have a November birthday too. I don't know when we'll be able to decorate for Christmas. Somehow we'll need to get rid of an upright piano first. Maybe when I'm out of the work recovering I'll put it on Craigs list for first come, first served.

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
That reminds me, our daughters birthday is Nov 16th...that might be a good day to start the Christmas decorating since she loves the season so much :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hmmm...you guys have got me wanting to start decorating NOW! lol

And it might not be a bad idea to do some things way earlier than normal this year since I have almost no free time between work and DS and house, etc.

It will be alot harder to find time to put up decorations this year - even with my 4 day Thanksgiving weekend. DH is working most of that weekend so it will just be me and DS. Unless he is napping, my decorating activities will be limited! :)

I am loving that November is here! I'm listening to Christmas Carols in my car on my way to work in the morning and getting excited for Christmas!

Starting to buy presents again (took a break there for a little while)...watching Christmas movies already - with DH! Love it!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
KimLovesSnow-pianos are tough-a lot of people want them, but don't have any way to get them good luck! I'll toast you on your birthday-mine's the next day and I'll be 40 so I might need it! LOL!
Catzilla- Sounds like an awesome time to decorate(the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?)
Aunt Jamelle-I want to start now too! I have to wait until after Rememberance day, though-it just wouldn't feel right.