January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
This is exactly what I need.

My focus room is going to be my basement. I don't know what I dread cleaning more, the basement or the bathroom. There is a lot down here that can be thrown out and or donated. It will look AMAZING when I'm done. DH will LOVE it.

My mini focus area is going to be the desk in my kitchen. It's the catch all. It's piled high right now with everything that I, and the rest of the family, just don't know what to do with. Most of it will be thrown out.

I'm so excited to see just those two areas be completed!!

Good luck everyone on your declutter adventure.:elf:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi everyone!

Just had to pop in and let you know I've filled my first box of things to donate in my focus area - the MASTER BEDROOM!!!

I'm pretty chuffed. I've also emptied three other boxes which are now ready to be filled in the coming weeks :)

Ahhh... now for a coffee...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Super Saquilla......doesn't it feel GREAT to get rid of stuff and seems to free up more energy....let's get addicted to decluttering.....LOL

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
It most certainly does, Ginger!

Looking forward to having all that space back again :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I also pledge to meet these three goals monthly!!! :) This is gonna be great!!!

I am feeling the addiction to clearing out clutter!!! Last night I finished putting away all the Christmas decor for the downstairs (DH helped) with the exception of the main tree. My sister is coming this weekend to exchange gifts - so I'll leave it up for her.

But I have been continuing to chip away at the clutter in the storage area in the basement. That will be my goal for January! To clean up that storage area!!!

DH and I have already made a HUGE dent in it. I've pulled out several things to go to Goodwill on our next trip. Probably tomorrow. I have some bags of clothes in the attic for that matter that will be going too.

Already I am seeing a big difference in how things look. I spotted several other things that I am ready to get rid of - just need to take the time to get them out and pack them up for transport to Goodwill.

My mini goal for January will also be my jewelry armoire - it could use some help - and there are pieces in there that I haven't worn in SO long.

We are getting ready to put our house on the market early next year, so we have extra motivation to declutter. Clutter free homes sell better! Or so we are told...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
.My mini goal for January will also be my jewelry armoire - it could use some help - and there are pieces in there that I haven't worn in SO long. QUOTE]

Things to do with old jewelry: Make a shadow box with pieces that has family history. I took my jewelry from my childhood and teens to make a shadow box. Added three photos and now it makes me smile every time I see it. Was easy to do.
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/Scrappinnotnappin/?action=view&current=ShadowBox.jpg

You can make Christmas trees out of it. I'm trying to collect enough for my dd to do as a project. Either flat or on cones. Did not find one done on the cones but I'll post it if I find it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16154905@N04/4155179244/
http://www.etsy.com/listing/63196254/grandmas-vintage-jewelry-christmas-tree

Some guy on antique roadshow made a hat with jewelry on it. I loved it.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/199901A21.html

CoffeeGirl1021

Retire Member
Dec 20, 2010
I need this so bad!!

I pledge to be a part of Move it Out Monday.
My focus area will the main room in our basement.
Mini focus will be the stamping supplies I am not using. I need to get them on ebay or donated.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm in!

I pledge to declutter in January.

I will move it out on each and every Monday.

The focus area for me will be the master bedroom. It is our catch all and not very welcoming or restful!

My Mini focus will be my closet - it's time to get rid of clothes I haven't worn in ages!

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I pledge to declutter my Desk area. It's amazing how much paperwork a home can accumulate. It's like a business! One look at it and you want to walk away.

My mini focus will be finishing the Bathroom curtains.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I pledge to Move It Out Monday, every Monday. My main focus will be the basement. My mini-focus will be the filing cabinet. I need to move out 2010 files and get ready for 2011.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
1. Participate EVERY Monday in Move It Out Monday.

Monday works good for me too. The Thrift Store is only open M-W-Sat for a few hours. I'll be working with FlyLady and her new motto: Let's Go for Seven in 2011! So each day I can move 7 items. Could be 7 tissues to the trash or 7 pieces of clothes/furniture or any combo. It gets to be a fun game to see what items I can find to meet this goal. Easy at first and a scavenger hunt towards the end of the year.

2. Pick a Room (or focus area)to declutter

I'm doing my Scrappin Studio. It's also serves as my office. Right now the office has taken over and there is no room to scrap. Not a happy camper here.

3. Mini Focus:

I think the file cabinets.

This should be so fun with everyone working together. Remember just keep going even if you fall off the wagon! Just jump right back into the game.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I pledge to declutter in January, my focus will be the master bedroom. I will participate in Move it out Monday. My mini focus will be my kitchen draws. It has so many odds and ends that need a permanent home or to be thrown out!

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
HI all! I am back after a nasty computer crash. I am also happily taking the pledge and will be trying to manage all 3 goals. I am off on Mondays, so Move It out Monday works great for me. I will focus on my computer/gift room. It needs some help, some gifts I just could not find and I KNOW they are there, LOL. I am excited and motivated by all of you. My mini focus will be my desk. Thanks so much for this! Together, we can all do it.
Cathie:bees:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My kitchen drawers could use a tidy out too, that will be a mini goal for tomorrow. I have just spoken to the kids and suggested that they set themselves 3 mini goals a day. We will see how that goes.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is FUN!

Personally.... I will need at least THREE months for my Focus Room.
I LOVE the "Mini-Goal" idea.

Move-It Out Monday.... excellent!

And... Flylady's... get rid of 7 (every day in 2011)... all good!

goodelf

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2007
I pledge to participate weekly in Move it out Monday - next week I have to take my mother for a hospital appointment so I will leave a bag of books for the charity bookshelf. The money raised by this pays for additional equipment for the hospital.

I will declutter my dining room in January. No excuses, just a beautiful, uncluttered dining room the whole family will enjoy using by the end of January.

Mini focus for January is the drawer I use as a mini office in the kitchen. I need to pull out all the paperwork, decide what can be shredded, clean the drawer and restock with some nicer stationery. Also stock up on postage stamps before our upcoming price increase! Then check through the longer term storage of paperwork and documents.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I pledge to declutter the bedroom closets. I have boxes and boxes of shoes on the floors and on the shelves. I really want to get rid of the boxes and find another way to store my shoes without taking up a lot of space.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
aggy- If you come up with a good way to store your shoes- let me know! I have the same problem and can never figure out a good solution.

Annie

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I pledge to start decluttering in January. I need to focus on my sewing/craft/office area. It is TERRIBLE! And I am being polite! I need to be better organized and look for that darned label maker once and for all. It may take me two months, and the area isn't all that big! I just have too much stuff.

My mini focus will be to sort my scrapbooking stuff. I am tired of not being able to find anything! That also goes for the above. If I don't get this junk under control NOW, you will be seeing me on a hoarder's show in the near future!

Thanks, Ginger! I needed this kick in the fanny!