January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome UPENDI

:welcome2:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
:welcome: UPENDI the more, the merrier

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Yes!! I actually took my move it out clothes to the Salvation Army Thrift Store on Friday, so I could get the donation slip for 2010! Today I have been cleaning off the pile of papers, catalogs, etc., in front of my computer. It looks like I've hardly done a thing! What a mess! I do have a bag full of paper for recycling, though, not to mention the ton that went through the shredder, and will have another bag by tomorrow morning, so I guess that counts as "move it out", too. Oh, please let my enthusiasm last for longer than January!

UPENDI

Retire Member
Nov 21, 2009
Thank you for the welcome, ladies! Love to be here! So far, today has been a success. Hope to keep up the motivation with all the rest of you here posting about your progress. :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
ChristmasRose.... just keep posting here! We ALL desperately want our enthusiasm to continue.... and being in this together... really does help!

OK... I am going to start going through the rooms... my trusty black trash bag by my side! I'll do the routine stuff... and keep looking for things to dump into that bag!!! Later.... paperwork!!! MORE stuff came in while we were away! Stuff KEEPS coming in!!!!!!! Sigh!

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
OK. I've already messed up. It's Tuesday and I didn't do one thing with my Desk area like I planned for "Move it out Monday". I really only have two free days a week and they were crammed with everyday chores.

Tomorrow is one of my Free days so I plan after work to sit down at my desk and start organizing and thowing away. If I do one bag, box or trashcan of discards, I will feel better.

Don't give up on me. There's still Hope!

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Pumpkinpie, don't worry about falling off the wagon! We all will at one time or another. Just jump right back on!! As Miss Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day!" Now, let's get busy! There's a real danger of my piles of paper falling in on me!

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
Thanks ChristmasRose! I needed the encouragement. I work with paperwork all day long and then have to deal with it at home. Yuck!

GREAT Phrase - "Tomorrow is Another Day"!!

Tomorrow is my day for "Move it Out".

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Club Members!

First..... please remember..... ANY progress helps!! AND..... we are all in this together!

So....... today I am realizing that..... unfortunately..... life is not ONLY about decluttering! "Real life stuff" is taking up A LOT of my time! The best that I have been able to do is....... a little decluttering as I do other things! I will have to "keep the faith".... that this kind of decluttering...... IS going to pay off!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have made the pledge too. Over the last few days of December and first few of Jan, DH and I have already shifted 3 loads to the dump or recycling, and gathered another pile for the charity sop to receive this week (before I return to work).

We are getting rid of a LOT this year, to just get the house back to where we want it. Clearing out the storage unit too, before handing it back (although we may extend that by one or 2 months so that we can actually get rid of stuff rather than bringing it back to the house).

January is not going to have a specific focus though - working on clutter in general. From February I will do specifics, but there are a lot of areas that need a major quick run-through first.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
when I was putting Christmas back today I pulled out some Christmas books the boys have outgrown or no one ever liked. They, like my other stuff, are all sitting in a pile in my room though. I will get them up to the attic tomorrow. I really need spring so I can drag my stuff down and have a big yardsale. Sell what I can and take the rest to charity. Right now it's just cluttering my attic.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Whew !!!! Ladies you have been busy. I did get my mini focus finished. My jewelry armoire is beautiful. Cleaned off the bedside tables, the desk, and the top of the chest. I have one sack of shoes ready to go to charity and now am going to get the drawers done, then the closet. I know I will be finished by the end of the month. YIPPEE !!!!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Doodlebug.....awesome...I still need to do my jewelry...for my mini focus...but it will have to wait until the weekend....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i am certainly impressed by the results so far. We are all doing an incredible job. Even if we do not achieve all that we set out to do we are better off than we were before. I know that there will be times when we fall off the wagon, or that real life gets in the way, but we will get there in the end. If we fall off the horse there are a huge amount of people here to help us get back on.

I am continuing on my room today. I am back to work as normal next week and want to get as much ticked off my to do list as possible.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I've been trying to work in the Master Bedroom. I managed to get rid of some unwanted paperwork which was cluttering up my bedroom. I know it doesn't sound like much, but DH and I already decluttered our papers during the summer and I learned my lesson!! It's amazing how quickly the paper stacks up. I also sorted out all the gift boxes I store from one year to the next and OUT most of it went!! I just kept a few in case I buy at a store that doesn't supply a box. It was a good feeling to be able to let it all go.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ae you impatient?

I am.

I want the place to be ALL DECLUTTERED and orderly! Now.

Let's see.... if our goal is to have eveything decluttered by the end of 2011..... how much should we do in a day? 1/365th??????

And... how about those days that we are away.... or sick.... or working long hours.... or..... or..... or.....

OK. So... what if we just work along.... together.... doing the best we can!

This year..... 2011.... I have been trying to keep up with maintenance.... WHILE decluttering. I find that maintenance takes a lot of time. Sigh.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD just cleared out a bunch of papers from her room. yay! now if DS could do that too....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This morning DH rang a man that collects vinyl records and asked him to come and look at ours. The man just left with ALL of our old records and gave us $50.00 for them. I am so happy as it clears up alot of room in the entertainment unit and gives us $50.00 that will go towards our savings.
Good job DH.

Patricia

Retire Member
That's great, Katrina! It's wonderful when our clutter can pay us rent : )

I used to collect photo frames, so today I went through and got rid of 75% of them. Another big box of clutter out of the house!

I know how you feel SparkleNana; I feel impatient too! I just want to have a spacious, uncluttered home NOW. But, I know it will take time.

2 boxes of clutter gone for now is a good start!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Most of today was taken up with "real life stuff". However.... I DID get a couple of bags of papers OTD!!!!!

After a break... I am going back for more. Patience will be needed .... this is a BIG job.