January Menu Planning Exchange

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I've been working on my seasonal menu....Winter.....and it's coming together pretty nicely...still have work to do though....

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's What I have so far:

Sunday Traditionals:

1. Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
2. Baked Lasagna
3. Italian Baked Chicken
4. Pork Chops (Paramesan & Sage)
5. Baked Spaghetti

Meatless Mondays:

1. Baked Potatoes with Toppings and Salad
2. Quiche (Spinach and Mozzerella)
3. Creamy Tomato Torellini Soup
4. Speedy Chinese Noodles
5. Southwestern Stuffed Peppers

Try it Out Tuesdays (new recipe rotation)

1. Pineapple Steak Stir Fry
2. Sausage Casserole

Wild Card Wednesday

1. Pineapple Dump Chicken
2. Chinese Meatballs
3. Chicken Fried Rice
4. Cheeseburgers
5. Taco Chicken

Quick & Simple Thursday: (we often eat out this night so not sure how much will use)

1. Hotdogs
2. Chicken Nuggets
3. Pizza
4. Nachos
5. Breakfast for Supper

Fiesta Fridays

1. Tacos
2. Tex Mex Stir Fry
3. Fajitas
4. Feliz Navidad Casserole
5. Mexican Chicken

Soup Saturday:

1. Hamburger Vegetable
2. Baked Potato Soup
3. Mexican Chicken SOup
4. Savory Winter Soup
5. Chili (recipes a, b, & c)

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love it Ginger. Ok, I already have a few recipes I'd like to see:

Pineapple Dump Chicken
Chinese Meatballs
Italian baked chicken.

Thanks!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Chinese Meatballs and Pineapple Dump Chicken Recipes are posted in the Main Dish thread!

P.S. PLEASE REMEMBER TO JUST POST RECIPES IN THE RECIPE THREADS....NO COMMENTS....Thanks!!

:clothes:

Last edited:

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I can't remember where I seen it, but I read something once about a lady that does her menu up for the YEAR!! I can't even imagine. I have a hard time coming up with something for two weeks.

:rudolph:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
A year....WOW.....I'm SURE I couldn't do that...change mind too much...LOL

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Gingerbug - that recipe for Pineapple Dump Chicken sounds soooo good!

I have seen similar recipes in the past but love your tips on freezing, etc. Thank you!

Question - where are you able to find pineapple preserves? I have never been able to find any. I'm just looking in the jams/jellies section at Meijer - they have some preserves there too - but have never seen pineapple. :(

I'll have to keep an eye out. Or make some myself! Pineapples seem to be pretty reasonably priced right now - but I honestly don't think I'll have the time! lol :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
At one time I had three months of menus made. Like 30+ years ago when the kids were little.

Now once in awhile I use savingdinners subscription to the Menu Mailers. I have them printed off in notebooks so I can use them over and over. Comes with menu, recipes, nutritional info and shopping list. I was not sure I'd like her recipes because I'm picky but found they are great. I really need to start using them again because my grocery bill goes way down.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I moved your post over here for you Aunt Jamelle.....

Pineapple perserves....nope didn't find them either but I ended up using pineapple ice cream topping and it seemed to work fine. In the ice cream toppings section!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I really need to try this...3 picky eaters in the house and I'm tired of being a short order cook! Besides I absolutely HATE grocery shopping and having a planned menu ahead of time should help me cut down on the time spent roaming the aisles thinking "What's for dinner?"

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I love Menu Planning. Don't always do it, but when I do it sure helps. I seem to get in a rut when it comes to planning dinners. Same ole things, over and over. It's nice to get some "quick" recipe ideas.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have fallen off the menu planning in Dec but want to get back in starting in Jan. I really liked it. I did try to pick a specific meat for each day and that helped me think of stuff easier (Ie. hamburg on Mon, pork on tuesday, pasta on Wed, Fun Friday..._

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Okay, i'm in shock, I sat down tonight and made a menu plan for the entire month of January. I used Ginger's theme days, mostly but by the end of the month I was out of ideas specific to the themes so I just put in whatever. I have some new recipes in there and some repeats but it's done! Now I just hope i'll stick to it. I'm trying to figure out how to post it, i'll have to make it a google doc or something but not sure how to do that. When I get it figured out i'll share.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
MrsSoup,
I am so proud of you. That's just the way to do it. You will be so much more relaxed with less stress from figuring out dinner at the last minute!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Here is my menu for the first few days of January

Jan 1- L)Leftover Taco Soup, S)Homemade Pizza (Back on my mediterranean diet)
Jan 2- Runzas
Jan 3- Chicken and Rice (Monday's is chicken night)
Jan 4- Taco Salads (Mexican Night)
Jan 5- Chili- (Crockpot Night)
Jan 6- Fish and Pasta (Italian Night)
Jan 7- Chicken Noodle Soup and Cornbread (Soup night)
Jan 8- L) Hoagie Buns, S)Pizza Buns or Chinese Takeout
Jan 9- Sloppy Joes

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jessica - it works for me :) Great plan. I'll look at it more in detail next week, when the craziness is over here

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Mrs Soup...your menus worked perfectly in googledocs....and look yummy!

cmerth...what are runzas?

Every body is doing a super job! If your budget allows you might consider looking at your plans for the month and buying large packages of meat (if you have freezer space). For example if uyou know you are goin got need 5 pounds of hamburger meat...but a larger package...divide it and freeze...usually saves a bit of money