Jessica's 2011 Word: Journey

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks Nancy!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jessica- I'm seeing how I can make them into commandments- shorten the words, thoughts.

And I'm realizing as we go through the journey- they might change or we have a realization or insight about something. That's ok, because this is all about what really matters to us.

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Some Secrets of Adulthood:

*You attract more bees with honey.
*Good things in life are worth waiting for.
*Always take responsibility for your actions, don't play the blame game.
*Life is not always about you.
*You can only change yourself.
*You can't help everyone.
*Always put your shopping cart away in the corral.

More to come i'm sure.....

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good job Jessica

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
nice work Jessica. The shopping cart is a pet peeve of mine ;)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
You're doing GREAT! Jessica!

Shopping cart one- LOVE it!

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have to admit that I haven't sat down and done anything with this since the last time I posted. I haven't even finished my resolution chart yet. YIKES! I have been doing things that I don't normally do though, like playing Monopoly on the Wii with the kids almost every day this week just for fun. I allowed myself to take time to do that and just relax without thinking about all the other stuff I could be doing.

I've stuck with my exercise so far even though i've got a cold and have been so tired. I'm trying to eat better, it's slow going for sure but i've been making some changes.

What I really need to work on is my temper and yelling. I think I have that slotted for another month but I really need to start now! So I need to be more conscious of how I react to things.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Keep, going, Jessica! You're doing Great!

It's good to see that you want to stop yelling~ at least you are aware.

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Wow! I set out this year to really make this happen and I have so let this slip off my plate. I think I may re-read the book to get myself back into the mind frame. Things just get so hectic and stressful and something has to take a back seat and this seems to be it, when really this should be fore front since it will impact me and those around me.

I still haven't read the book I got for Christmas called The Nine Rooms of Happiness yet either. I started it and never went back to it.

How are you all staying focused and into this?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jessica-
You and I are on the same wave length. I feel I have slipped off too. Mostly because of the recent losses going on around me.
That's the thing with these types of things- We have these lofty ideals and goals but then real life comes crashing in and these things tend to be pushed to the side.

That's the challenge I face- how to continue on with what I truly want for my life while at the same time dealing with some of the unexpected things that real life throws my way.

I'm ready to have a really good week next week!

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
It's ok ladies, we all fall off. Heaven knows that ther are so many things I start and don't keep up. The great thing about this is you can always go back to it. Having the weekly thread helps. IT keeps in your mind.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The thing is not to feel guilty. We all set out to do things in the hope that it will just make life a little simpler a little less stress free. Doing these happiness projects, room a month, decluttering projects should NOT be adding stress to our lives. If it is adding stress reconsider if it is something we need to be doing right now. We put so much pressure on ourselves now a days to fit everything in and blame ourselves when we can't do it all.

Jess you were saying you spent a lot of time playing with the kids on the WII and not reading your book. So what. That is what made you happy at that time. It was only afterwards that you said, I just wasted time on the WII when I should have been baking, reading etc.

Anyway I think one of my happiness goals is to stop putting pressure on my self. I will do the important things and try not to worry about the small stuff.