List of what's left to-do before Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Things I have left to do:
Wrap remaining presents,only a few to do
Buy the veg and little sausages for Christmas Dinner,that will be done next week
Pick up our turkey on Christmas Eve morning(DH has volunteered for this!)
Buy a few bits for my parents party on Christmas Eve
I think that's all,so I'm not doing too bad!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK. Things left to do........ is that before Christmas 2009? Oh........ ok.........

Well, today...... today I want to fill the packages for gifts to be mailed. And then - mail them! I did buy the adorable bubble-envelopes and boxes that the post office sells for Christmas -- so it is just a matter of putting in the gifts and addressing them. SHOULD be doable..........

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Here's my update:

What I have left to do:

[X] Mail cards
[X] Get tree
[X] Decorate tree
[X] Finish wrapping
[ ] Start baking (Saturday or Sunday)
[X] Put out a few more decorations
[X] Decorated more outside
[ ] Boxes/bins out to garage

I'm sure there's more!

FINALLY feeling like I'm accomplishing something....wish we weren't a week away though!

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
***Saturday
Shopping with DGD
Wrapping with DGD
Christmas Movie and another sleepover with DGD
Its all about her today !

***Sunday
Pick up the house...all floors
Vacuum, dust main floor
Clean Kitchen
Make Appetizers for tomorrow
Make 1 dessert for tomorrow
Make Final Christmas Dinner list
Make Christmas Eve Appetizer and Dessert List
Make Grocery List

****Monday
Work
Hair Appt
Get home, set up mini bar and appetizers
4 Friends my house 6PM to go out and celebrate Winter Solstice 2009
Out with them for awhile, then back to my house for coffee and dessert

***Tuesday
Go with DH to Oncologist appt for Scan results and blood work
Fresh Market to pick up Standing Rib Roast for Christmas Day and other Groceries
Relax

***Wednesday
Final Cleaning for Christmas Day
Bake Desserts for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Make Appetizers for tomorrow

***Thursday
Set Table for Christmas Day
Divide gifts to take to Moms and Christmas Day
Make side dishes for tomorrow
Go to Moms with 2 appetizers, Dessert and presents about 4

***Friday
Fill Stockings
Make final preparations for Dinner
Call DD and DS and tell them Merry Christmas
Sit back with some adjusted egg nog and wait for DD and her family, DS and My Mom and Dad to show up for Dinner and fun

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Here's my update:

What I have left to do:

[X] Mail cards
[X] Get tree
[X] Decorate tree
[X] Finish wrapping
[ ] Start baking (Monday)
[X] Put out a few more decorations
[X] Decorated more outside
[X] Boxes/bins out to garage
[X] Post Office

I'm sure there's more!

FINALLY feeling like I'm accomplishing something....wish we weren't a week away though!

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Housework:
Vacuum downstairs
Change all sheets (3 beds) - Our bed and guest beds done, will do DD's tonight
Clear off guest bed - got there and then it got messy again
Clear off clutter on dining room bench (mainly just my sewing stuff left - rest gone) - lots more gone and off dining table, just a few more little bits to find homes for
Mop kitchen floor (if time allows) - NEED to do, have settled on Wed night as the best time
Lots of laundry!! - getting through it, but cold and wet weather means lots getting used

Purchasing - Household:
Logs and coal (for fires) - Done
1 or 2 coalpacks (we used the emergency "fire in a bag" the other night)
2 spare firelogs (small "fire in a pack" which is perfect for lazy midweek nights) - Done
Turkey, ham, spiced beef - Had spiced beef last night, and will buy whatever nice joint or bird we find on Christmas Eve (no fuss Dinner for 3 to leave not too much leftovers as travelling on 26th)
Cream -Have
Brussels sprouts (well, collect from plot) - Have (and even sent enough to my mum via my sis!!)

Purchasing - Gifts:
Sis's KK present (know it though) - Have, and wrapped, and sent via same wonderful sis as Sprouts!!
My Gran (Mum's mum)
Aunt, uncle and 2 girls (my mum's sis) - Have bits for foodie hampers, need to assemble and wrap
Grandparents (my Dad's parents)
2 more couples - Also foodie hampers as above
My uncle - Have crisps and am getting the "Autobiography" of the crisp maker at lunchtime (he noves those crisps!!)
"Our" present (DH and I getting a joint present of a CD/DVD player for kitchen, instead of for each other)

Christmassy things:
Post local cards (2 batches gone) - All gone
Write last 4 cards - Wrote all but 1, getting that address today from my cousin
Buy a wreath and hang on front door (DH's wish) - Done
Buy a card holder and put cards into it (DH's wish)
Wrap last 3 presents bought and those yet to buy - Wrapped my sis and parents last night, and dispatched with other sis (her car is now very full travelling on 23rd!)

I 've also done mmost of the baking (I have a small batch of Spiced biscuit dough kept to let DD cut out some shapes, and I have a couple of logs of homemade dough for "slice'n'bake" cookies over the hols as needed in the freezer).
And I organised DD's party things for today's birthday party in the creche (her birthday is 26th).

I also need to add to the list:
Finish DH's scarf ( I forgot this - I have about 15 rows left to do)
Make chocolate truffles (for the foodie hampers)

So I am doing well, but will have a few things to keep me out of mischief during the week!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Before Christmas:

- Pack clothes and gifts to bring to mom's house (we'll be there from the 23rd to 26th)
- Last minute picking up of house
- Empty some stuff in fridge
- Mail package - DH should do that today
- Deliver 2 bird ornaments left
- Get box of books from post office - DH should do that today
-Wrap books to add to gifts

Before New Year's Eve (family will be coming to stay on 30th and leave 1st)
- Remake beds
- Get baby bed down from the attic and install in DD's room
- Clean basement and make space for more beds
- Laundry
- Prepare buffet table for 31st

etc...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Before Christmas:

Call one DSis and make plans to meet for Christmas/after Christmas, etc.
Wrap ornament for co-worker/Write out a Chr Card for her/Bring into work
Dip Buckeyes
Deliver tin of Buckeyes to neighbor and to co-workers
Try to get to Meijer for newly released DVD for DH - If I can get it - Wrap it!
Try to get to Menards for flashlights for DH - Wrap!
Go for drive to look at Christmas lights with DH!
Prepare take-along dishes for Christmas Eve

Before New Years:

Finish shopping for DNeice
Buy an ornament for other DSis - Wrap!
Wrap presents for DNeice
Change sheets in spare room

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Today is a baking and cleaning day, not much left to do but enjoy! :)
Had a snowball fight with the kids outside this morning, which was nice, hoping we get more snow soon!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I FINALLY started baking today, but only one batch...we were out til mid-afternoon. I hope I can get them all made, but you know what, if I can't I'm not going to stress over it!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Housework:
Vacuum downstairs
Clear off guest bed
Mop kitchen floor

Purchasing - Household:
Some sort of meat/poultry for Christmas dinner

Purchasing - Gifts:
My Gran (Mum's mum)

Christmassy things:
Buy a card holder and put cards into it (DH's wish)
Make a batch of honeycomb and chocolate truffles and perhaps a few more cookies for gifts
Wrap last few presents
Finish DH's scarf ( I forgot this - I have about 15 rows left to do)

I had to do reading for work last night, and we were up late watching an important programme about the current banking issues, but DD had a VERY good sleep last night (12 hours) so we all slept the night through. (We'll read her to sleep again tonight, to get another long sleep into her - she needs it this week and I think we should be able to get back to a short story and falling asleep by herself after the holidays again - and DD REFUSES to take a daytime nap anymore, even if she REALLY needs it and knows that herself).

It is not really feeling terribly Christmassy this year - too much work going until the end (I still have a meeting today before our office lunch, and another tomorrow morning, which should be the last day of proper work - we theoretically only have to appear on Christmas Eve, and I am bringing DD to make sure that is all it is!!). But at least the work part of Christmas (at home I mean) is under enough control to not be stressed. And the work part of work will get done - and if it doesn't, everyone else willl have to accept that we can't do everything (as in, more than we were asked to do any other year) with fewer people!

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Can't believe it's almost here! I am off work for 13 days now and have been bummin' around with kids in our PJs. Tonight my parents are taking the kids to supper and the enchanted forest light display so Dh and I will pick up a couple of groceries we still have to get for Christmas Eve. Then we're going to Chapters and Starbucks on a date. :) It's so nice to have very little to do so close to Christmas - I'm so grateful to be a planner on days like this.

Tomorrow - some minor house cleaning and church at 3:00 p.m. We're going to move the Christmas tree into the corner of the kitchen. We live in a 990 sq foot Victorian house, so living room space for seating will be a premium. People can still see the tree when they get their food, but they won't have to peer around it to visit. I always wanted a tree in the kitchen. lol

We'll make the hot dips and pull the baking out of the freezer and make punch. The kids can track Santa on the computer and I bought them little lego sets that make a Christmas tree. Hope it will keep them from going too wiggy. :)

Christmas blessings for a wonderful holiday to all of you!