March 2010 Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Happy Rudy Day everyone! Hope you all get to do something that gets you in the spirit today.

I started last night finishing up some sewing projects, but broke the needle on my sewing machine so I'll have to focus on some other projects today. I've got a mystery to read, recommended of course by my lovely MMH friends! My kids love to watch Rudolph, no matter what month it is, so we'll probably watch that today. I can't wait to pull out my notebook and turn on some Christmas music. (Everyone else is still asleep at my house right now). : )

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ho Ho Ho! Meeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy Christmas! HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY!

BELLES --Your son is the best! He has beautiful Christmas magic in his heart!!!! The little pine cone didn't fall far from the Mama Christmas Tree!

LL -- I agree about Martha! There aren't many jobs in my life that I want to do "perfectly". But when there is something really, really important to me to do as well as possible..... I follow Martha's instructions. She puts so much thought and intelligence into figuring out how best to do things! I think she is a great teacher!

OKAY CHRISTMAS LOVERS! RUDY DAY WEEKEND IS BEGINNING! (OR HAS BEGUN IF YOU STARTED EARLIER!) Time for fun! I wnt Christmas Magic to run all through these wonderful days!!!!!

How? I don't know! Keeping Christmas in my heart! Loving people! I'll think of lots more ways! Talk soon!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Happy Rudy day's ladies. I don't know what Christmas prep/planning I will get to do today. I have so much day to day stuff that has to be done today. Maybe I will put on some Christmas music while I clean. That would be festive and I can be productive. I have yet to do any thin on my check list for my past Rudy Days either. Sigh I get such good intentions but rarely seem to accomplish any of them.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Happy Rudy Day! I doubt I'll get to partake in anything Christmassy today, but maybe this weekend! I hope everyone has a great day even if it's just Christmas in your heart!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Rudy day!!

I'm home today so this afternoon will be dedicated to rudy day... just don't know how yet.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
HAPPY RUDY DAY EVERYONE.... not much getting done here today as I have to go to work in a few hours. but I do know I am going to sit down & go over my list on break this evening...(as I got some pj's on clearance the other day). and didn't write them down....grrr but I will get it.
have a wonderful day

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
LL - no, the madness will never cease! It is LIFE and we love life! That is the reason that Rudy Day is portable for us! We HAVE to be able to celebrate it when there is a "lull" -- because we can't just schedule a "lull" to happen for our convenience!!!

ANY tie you do get that "lull" in the crazy whirl of life -- you RUN to our MHH Boards and read about Rudy Day Stuff and any other Christmas threads that catch your fancy...... you read until you get that "Christmas Feeling". Even when you don't do anything else.... just having time to read and feel Christmassy is GREAT for the soul!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My DS4 asked if we could watch Disney's Prep and Landing when he comes home from school today...do you think he knows it's Rudy Day? LOL!

I'm working today, but I plan on "celebrating" this weekend...I recently unearthed my prior year's "Holiday Grand Plan" notes (back to 1999) and I want to go through them.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Colleen ---- OH! MY! G---! HGP NOTES GOING BACK TO 1999!!!! What a treasure to discover!

Have you been in the same - or different - homes?

Same number - or different number - of children?

Same husband? Different husband? No husband?

The main thing - TO ME - is: our CIRCUMSTANCES change ALL THE TIME! That is just life. But if WE change --- that is really, really interesting! THAT is what is helpful to me. What do WE do differently -- that makes things better?

It is kind of confusing -- since our life details change all the time -- and that makes it hard to tell when WE are changing - and when life is changing.

For example --- in Christmas 2009 --- I learned that the absolute WORST thing for everyone in our family is when I GET OVERWHELMED- TIRED AND CRANKY! So -- no matter what else changes -- I need to stop everything and REST when I get tired. THIS MEANS either (1) things do not get done, or (2) I do things in advance, during the year.

And -- I AM TRYING to put that lesson into practice TODAY - during our big family dinner. Details to follow later - during the Rudy Weekend!!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
happy rudy day to all . watched christmas vacation. love that movie

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy Rudolph Day everyone!
Only 8 more until Christmas!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
9 months til the big day people. Are we excited??
For rudy day I tidied out my gift closet and redid my master list. I have been concentrating on stocking fillers for the past few weeks and I am happy with what I have bought. I have been buying non perishables for stockings like deodorants, toothpaste/brushes, shampoos/conditioners, chapstick, travel tissues etc. I have also picked up sunscreen and self tanners when I have seen them marked down for clearance.

I will visit with my mum tonight and may start planning the menu for christmas day dinner so we can start looking for recipes and ingredients. It helps to have an idea of what we want to bake so that we can start picking up non perishables such as sugar and flour etc.
Slowly but surely moving ahead,

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Me too! I didn't have time on Rudy day so today will be my March Rudy Day. We are going to Sams this morning and I will add more money to my gift card. I took an inventory of my gift closet and I will add that to my spreadsheet. I am also going to work on my Christmas notebook. It needs some attention.